Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
Stock coil performance question
Posted by: Grunter
Date: September 30, 2017 10:19PM
I am using the stock coil. Its always sounding off and the VDI's are jumping all over the place. There is a wide variation in the numbers. My ATP will lock onto a coin and not vary more than one number on either side of an ideal VDI for a particular coin. For instance a zincoln will hit 75-76 everytime,a clad dime 82-83. I dug a dime at 4" today that read 69-84 and all numbers in between. Its like the processor is looking for a number to lock onto. I've also noticed that in very dry soil that the VDI's will read higher for most coins. Anyone else experiencing these wide swings? I thought it was the coil at first and called Garrett, they sent another coil. It acts the same.

Re: Stock coil performance question
Posted by: Grunter
Date: October 04, 2017 11:45AM
Anyone else having a run away stock coil? If not what are your settings to settle it down?

Re: Stock coil performance question
Posted by: Russ88
Date: October 05, 2017 12:34AM
I did have a few wide variations like your 69-84 example, but they proved to be something else than a coin. Additionally I used the iron audio and it was presented that it had iron. Your experience will peak my interest going forward and I will let you know if I have any similar results

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login