Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
Ground Balance is the key
Posted by: Grunter
Date: October 04, 2017 01:29PM
I firmly believe that ground balancing is the key to the Max. You need to locate a non metal spot and pump the Max quickly until it goes completely silent and then make your other adjustments. Seems to work for me.

Definitely the FIRST adjustment in setting up the ATMAXN/T
Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: October 04, 2017 02:19PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Ground Balance is the key
Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: October 04, 2017 04:16PM
Very true. I find GB'ing is crucial with the Max and makes a big difference in calming the beast down.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: October 04, 2017 11:42PM
#1 for sure, then if still nervous, try frequency shift. Go slow, keep the coil parallel to the bottom at all times.

Posted by: Des D
Date: October 12, 2017 04:12PM
"It's the most frequency change / adjust machine I've ever used!!!
I do it every day... cycle thru F1 F3 F3 etc. It works to 'quieten it'"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2017 04:13PM by Des D.

Posted by: Ozleif
Date: October 12, 2017 07:58PM
Des D
"It's the most frequency change / adjust machine I've ever used!!!
I do it every day... cycle thru F1 F3 F3 etc. It works to 'quieten it'"

Agree ... use the GB in conjunction with the Frequency adjust, in my back yard AT Max will Not GB unless in F1.

Seen the video of the hotshot chap with an AT Max in a shallow water test on a salt water beach, he totally proved he didn't know how to use the AT Max ... :shrug: Pathetic :cry:

Posted by: 88SIII
Date: October 13, 2017 10:14PM
Is the general rule to GB at a lower sensitivity than what you expect to hunt at? I've heard differing opinions but I'm not sure what is best for the AT Max.

Posted by: rferrari
Date: October 14, 2017 09:37PM
I GB first, then iron discrimination if not hunting ferrous, if still too much low chatter then I lower sensitivity only one step down. The good stuff is hidden between the trash. Be patient. Peace.

Posted by: BLStone68
Date: October 15, 2017 06:04PM
Trying to learn the 175 points of GB.
Is the lower the number the less minerals in the soil?
Today I got a 98, so does that mean there'e a lot of minerals? Or is that about average?
I know the soil is different in different areas but I was wondering what others get.

I'm getting GB numbers in the 90's everytime....
Posted by: DigFella
Date: October 20, 2017 08:41AM
At the same sites I got 70's-80 on the AT Gold & Pro. I got a 92 last time out which I think is very high according to the chart in the manual & my mild ground. I'm not hunting in red clay or something. I guess these 175 points makes GB numbers higher. Seems to function OK. Garrett advised me to turn down sensitivity during the GB procedure....

Posted by: rferrari
Date: October 21, 2017 05:38AM
AT pro GB of 70s for loamy soil means low mineralization, at the beach in dry sand a GB of 16 is normal. After GB then iron elim and sensitivity and I am digging. Peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login