Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
IT'S NEVER TOO COLD, FOR MAX TO FIND GOLD!:jump:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: October 06, 2017 12:43AM

It was a bit frosty in the water. Gone is the wet-suit, in with the chest waders. Earlier in the week, some places got a foot of snow south of where I live. I was wondering what the lake conditions would be like today???

As I got closer, there was snow on the side of the roads......could be COLD!

Ahhhh! No snow on the beach, no ice in the water, just a couple hundred of Canadian Geese resting/feeding, before they head south and crap in my neighbors down south.

The water was cold on the deeper levels, but fine in the shallow stuff. All my 4 rings came from the deep water. Here is the good, the bad and the ugly. Just about a dollar in change.

And the BEST!

Finished off the day by building a fire and roasting some hot-dogs. Man......what a great day! I wish it could be autumn all year round. :)

And, I could run the MAX wide open with a little bit of chatter at this location. I could easily distinguish a target! I hunted in true all metal mode, which is a beast for depth. On the other end was my favorite coil, the 9" x 12" coil, the deepest of the lot in good ground. One of my pennies was 3 scoops deep. I won't tell you how deep that is, as you wouldn't believe me. I have had 7 different detectors that can hunt in the water, and the AT MAX is by far the best producer in the water including deep rings and coins.

Re: IT'S NEVER TOO COLD, FOR MAX TO FIND GOLD!:jump:
Posted by: FATMAX
Date: October 06, 2017 07:38AM
Great finds!!:clap:

Date: October 06, 2017 08:31AM
That's funny....we both got grad rings. Does yours have a name in it? Mine does.....I am going to try and track down the owner.

Posted by: FATMAX
Date: October 06, 2017 12:08PM
My ring only has initials. The ring is from a school about 100 miles from where I found it, so far we have contacted the local library in that town and they searched the yearbook from 1970, no one has matching initials. We are now expanding our search into the years close to 1970 as it may have been a girlfriends initials. I posted the story about the ring on 30 Sept, I too hope to find the owner and hear their story.
Good luck in searching for your ring's owner and be sure to post the story.

Posted by: Buddy_TX
Date: October 06, 2017 12:15PM
Great Finds John... Gold is always

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Wader, 8" and 10"
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Whites Amphibian and Surfmaster TR
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Garrett S-1, S-2, S-3 TRs
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle
and a few odd balls in the back of the closet

Date: October 06, 2017 08:00PM
Gold is GREAT! No matter what form you find it.

Date: October 06, 2017 08:01PM
I sure will post it. Good luck with your detective work too!

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: October 06, 2017 08:53PM
Nice haul on the gold rings! Are those Applegate beef hotdogs ?

But does it ever get too cold for you John? :smoke: I want to be there when you take the polar plunge :rofl: (with or without the AT Max)

Ahhhh! No snow on the beach, no ice in the water, just a couple hundred of Canadian Geese resting/feeding, before they head south and crap in my neighbors down south. :rofl: but true.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Date: October 07, 2017 10:47PM
No polar plunge for this guy.....I hate the shrinkage side effect of cold water.:rofl: Those dogs were cheap ones.....beef, pork, chicken, rabbit, skunk, seagull, gopher, carp, rats......anything organic. Once burned on the fire, they taste ok! I really was surprised to get anything here. The weeds were constantly in my way.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: October 08, 2017 08:00AM
Yea unfortunately cold water does shrink things. Although it wouldn't be permanent :rofl: That must really create drag with all the weeds attaching to the pole. Your arms must be like Arnold Schwarzenegger from this type of hunting. Now I know why you eat those high protein hotdogs made of wildlife. :rofl:

John-Edmonton
No polar plunge for this guy.....I hate the shrinkage side effect of cold water.:rofl: Those dogs were cheap ones.....beef, pork, chicken, rabbit, skunk, seagull, gopher, carp, rats......anything organic. Once burned on the fire, they taste ok! I really was surprised to get anything here. The weeds were constantly in my way.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login