Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
unique items
Posted by: copperdave
Date: October 31, 2017 02:24PM
I found these items a couple of years ago and never posted them. Does anyone know what the handle was used for? It has USMC (United States Marine Corp). My guess is for a cleaning rod. The other items have baffled me. I found them on a 1900 house property. It looks like a water buffalo man and I have no ideas on the other, kinda creepy. I was using my AT Pro FYI

Re: unique items
Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: October 31, 2017 05:47PM
Copperdave are you able to upload some pictures for us?

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: copperdave
Date: November 01, 2017 06:32AM
Sorry I thought it came through

Posted by: cord40
Date: November 01, 2017 07:25PM
Better pics (multiple pics, closer, cropping, lighting from side that shows detail, a ruler for size, and/or coins for scale, sometimes a medium non-white/non-dark background works best), would help a lot. Posting in the Whatzit Forum will get the collective brainpower of the membership involved! Everyone loves a mystery! Cool finds.

Posted by: GO VA
Date: November 01, 2017 08:18PM
A hint for pictures that will show decent detail here is to use your cell phone and a app called flashlight & magnifying. After taking the picture I just send it through e-mail to myself so I can get it on my home PC and then open it with paint and click resize and select pixels and set the vertical to 1500 and the program will do the horizontal based on that. Just save and then you can post here. I did this pic to show the quality and it took me longer to type this than it did to get the pic ready to post here. This is a sterling silver necklace I found detecting a soccer field at the park this past weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2017 08:19PM by GO VA.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: November 01, 2017 08:42PM
Thanks a million silver dimes! Well, not really, as I don't have a million of them. :rofl: However I really thank you for mentioning the flashlight & magnifying app.

GO VA
A hint for pictures that will show decent detail here is to use your cell phone and a app called flashlight & magnifying. After taking the picture I just send it through e-mail to myself so I can get it on my home PC and then open it with paint and click resize and select pixels and set the vertical to 1500 and the program will do the horizontal based on that. Just save and then you can post here. I did this pic to show the quality and it took me longer to type this than it did to get the pic ready to post here. This is a sterling silver necklace I found detecting a soccer field at the park this past weekend.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login