Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
ATMax International tone break
Posted by: dan b
Date: November 10, 2017 01:23PM
Does anyone with the International version have a problem with the tone break set so low? Aren't you getting a high tone for pulltabs and can slaw? I run an American ATPro where the high tone doesn't start until the penny range. I understand why the international version makes sense in Europe but I'm not sure it does here in Canada.

I'm leaning towards getting the American ATMax just like I did with the ATPro.

Current detectors:
:garrett: ATPro
Previously owned: :tesoro:, :garrett:, :fisher: , :teknetics:, :minelab:, and :whites:

Re: ATMax International tone break
Posted by: Favotti
Date: November 11, 2017 02:13AM
I'm in Australia and I have an AT Max International. First off I'll say that our highest denomination coin is $2 and it hits about spot on with the USA zinc penny, so majority of the time our $2 coin will hit with a scratchy mixed signal if I was to use the USA version of the AT Max, so not ideal. Secondly I have several machines for different scenarios, and I use the Max for shallow modern coin hunting as it can be quite profitable here in Australia, I run the disc up to where I still hear our 20c and dig them along with our 50c, $1 and $2 coins all hitting at the high tone, works great. So for me and my scenario it works great, but I can definitely see how in some other cases it would not be ideal, and thats where having other detectors comes in handy.

Re: ATMax International tone break
Posted by: Ozleif
Date: November 11, 2017 06:37PM
Go with the model that is best suited for your coinage and make detecting a pleasure!

For me it was the AT-MAX that was best suited for our modern in use coinage. :detecting: :ausflag:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login