Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: At Pro / G2 Test
Posted by: Low-Boy/LCPM
Date: March 16, 2011 09:50PM
Yes the At is made to have headphones on and the sound is really great lots of base and highs like a Moog Synth from EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER...but yes if you didn't have headphones the unit is a waste because you can't really hear it and all it is saying though it was not at all like any unit I have hunted with and was not to my liking..

LowBoy {RACER /DEUS}

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCvc8PTSRYKKi4hdGpSonlA

Posted by: woodchiphustler
Date: March 18, 2011 05:05PM
I like the AT Pro. If you understand the tones you will be surprised at what you may miss with other brands. I also carry my 2.9er.

Posted by: 1wrasmussen
Date: October 18, 2015 10:06PM
Great post. Just ordered myself a G2. Can't wait to test it out.

Posted by: minnixb
Date: October 19, 2015 09:31AM
I bought a G2+ LTD a week ago. So far I've had it out 3 times. I like it more each time I use it. Been swinging a f70 for last years also a great machine. What is standing out so far is the G2 +'s stability and discrimination ability in iron.

Posted by: pasttom
Date: October 30, 2015 12:56PM
Not to argue, but I can't help thinking about the video of a young man showing off the G2 on a rainy day, what 5 years ago? That certainly sold a ton of G2s and even years later I got one even though I had a GBP and really didn't need it, but that video haunted me. Your second post supports my thinking that you are bonded and molded by the machines and they speak to you on so may levels. I am sorry that old video was taken down, it was my favorite 'demo' (then some of Bill Ladd's, I know, I know). God bless!
:detecting:

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Date: October 30, 2015 02:17PM
Thanks Pastor for the reply..I did love the G2 and when ever I get a new detector I compair it to the one I want to replace. I bring both out and hunt..After the G2 it was the deus that found more targets and then the racer came along and both are doing better then all the detectors in the past. The impact I think will be right up there with the deus or even better.

LowBoy {RACER /DEUS}

Posted by: sdesic
Date: November 01, 2015 09:40AM
AT Pro has one advantage ... can go under water...
all other tech is close

Date: November 01, 2015 10:35AM
Underwater yes that is a nice advantage

LowBoy {RACER /DEUS}

Posted by: Bunited2
Date: November 01, 2015 06:29PM
Hello all,

Going back out after a couple years of down time. I had to sell all my gear a while back to do
whatever I could to help out someone financially w/cancer treatments. She has been in
remission since, anyway.

I am going back to the 'Gold Country' (49'r) to shoot for nuggets, after a lot of research I have
found specific areas which was where the quartz was crushed to refine the gold. Upon further
research, because of the cost of operations/time the gold was classified to be kept at a 1/4"
or larger. I was able to get to one of these locations (so far) by vehicle, most of the other
locations are inaccessible (so far) due to high concentrations of Manzanita.

My problem was/is because I was able to get to this location, so were the rednecks (of which
I actually am one too) were also able to easily get there, there were so many brass casings,
it was ridiculous.

I had a BH 505, a Land Ranger Pro and a Gold Bug M Scope, unfortunately as I said I let them all
go before I could really use them, I am 3 1/2 hrs to my areas. The next detector I get very soon
I want to be best suited for strictly hunting nuggets, then get equip for artifacts later.

BTW, obviously I still have a lot to learn (I don't know my shaft from (just) a hole in the ground).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Brian/HH

Posted by: greenwoodhunter1
Date: November 15, 2015 07:08PM
great post i got the goldbug pro and it is my go to detector it puts no stress on any part of my body what so ever now with the at gold i have stress on my neck and lower back
but the at gold is still a great detector Bart at Big Boys hooked me up with goldbug pro 3 years and i still love it and i have a few other detector that have give me more info and the more info i get with others seem to miss some good finds a buddy of mine has a v3i and he has hunted a few good spots and went right over big silver and i got it with the goldbug pro so thanks to Bart for setting me up and with all the tips he gave me good luck on your next hunt https://youtu.be/JblGGApO_68

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login