Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Today's hunt
Posted by: warren in ga
Date: February 12, 2012 08:27PM
I had a good day at the sight . I found my first large cent & a shielded nickle . It would have been nice to see the dates on them. But I will take them. I all so found a 1920 s weat leaf .I guess that i have officially crossed the YOU SUCK goal line, and I am:surprised: dancing in the end zone!

Re: Today's hunt
Posted by: Ken in Georgia
Date: February 12, 2012 08:41PM
:twodetecting:Very nice what a way to end the day !!!! And yes according to everyone "You Suck" :punch: So everyone will know Warren in Georgia and DiggerDug, Micheal (My son) and I all went to the spot where I found the Capped Bust. We had a great time and it was one of those days. :twodetecting:

HH
Ken in Georgia

Detectors own DFX, Tejon, X-3, Cibola, Vaquero, Cortez, CZ-5, 1265x, 1266x, Siver Sabre II. ID Excel, Amigo, Golden, DeLe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2012 08:44PM by Ken in Georgia.

Warren.Good finds.........N/T
Posted by: Elton
Date: February 12, 2012 08:54PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: DiggerDug
Date: February 12, 2012 09:07PM
Ken in Georgia
:twodetecting:Very nice what a way to end the day !!!! And yes according to everyone "You Suck" :punch: So everyone will know Warren in Georgia and DiggerDug, Micheal (My son) and I all went to the spot where I found the Capped Bust. We had a great time and it was one of those days. :twodetecting:

It was a great day. Thanks again ya. Warren my friend you did great but yes you suck! But it's ok because Ken still sucks too! The statute of limitations has not ran out on his other finds yet.:drool:

Current Detectors: Garrett AT PRO

Former Detectors: BH Tracker IV, Fisher 1225x, Fisher 1266x, Fisher cz 2o, Teknetics Alpha, Tesoro Compadre (old), Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax, Tesoro Cutlass uMax, Tesoro Cibola,Whites eagle II, Whites Classic III

Posted by: Rick, N. MI
Date: February 12, 2012 09:39PM
Nice finds! I've never found a shield nickel.

Rick N. MI

Posted by: Big Boys Hobbies
Date: February 12, 2012 09:46PM
That Nickle is awesome!

Bart Davis
Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net
Findmall Sponsor BigBoysHobbies.net
Email, call or text for best deals. 405-206-9010
Minelab USA Partner of the year award 2012. Minelab customer service award 2012.
Authorized Minelab Metal Detectors Fisher Metal Detectors Whites Metal Detectors Teknetics Metal Detectors Garrett Metal Detectors XP Deus Dealer.

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: February 13, 2012 02:09AM
Wow -- you guys are killing it!

Steve

Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Fisher Gold Bug Pro (DP)
Garrett ProPointer
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: jim tn
Date: February 13, 2012 02:00PM
A couple of really nice old coins. WTG! With a little soaking and maybe a soda rub, you might get a date on those two coins. Great finds. HH jim tn

Wow! Nice work!
Posted by: mudpuppy
Date: February 13, 2012 05:09PM
OK, You guys are in the clear since its a new week and all. I hope to get a few "YOUSUCKS" this year on my finds!
Man, every one of us would have liked to been there with y'all! In a way we were, since you took the time to post, Thank You, Warren!
Mud

Detecting is the study of Humans interaction with topography, the untrustworthyness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the earth from whence it came.

Posted by: warren in ga
Date: February 13, 2012 05:09PM
I used the soda rub on them the larg cent is a faint 1809 and the nickle was a1867

cleaning coins
Posted by: Rick, N. MI
Date: February 13, 2012 07:03PM
The best way to clean is to soak in hydrogen peroxide. It doesn't hurt the coin. Soak them overnight if you have to and clean with soap and water, repeat as necessary. On copper you need to put a little olive oil or coconut oil. The coin is dried out with the soaking.

Rick N. MI

Posted by: Ray(Ca)
Date: February 13, 2012 10:36PM
Hi Warren

Congratulations on a great day of detecting! This is such a great hobby:clapping:

HH,
Ray

Hunting for deep "Silver" is my passion.

Re: Wow! Nice work!
Posted by: Ken in Georgia
Date: February 13, 2012 10:40PM
I hope you get the "you suck award" next. Score!!!!!!! Thanks to all for looking and we will have a you tube video in the future. Thanks DiggerDug !!!! and we are waiting for a few more members of our team to be able to go with us. Mud if you ever get to Georgia tell me and I will hook you up !!!!

HH
Ken

mudpuppy
OK, You guys are in the clear since its a new week and all. I hope to get a few "YOUSUCKS" this year on my finds!
Man, every one of us would have liked to been there with y'all! In a way we were, since you took the time to post, Thank You, Warren!
Mud

Posted by: DiggerDug
Date: February 13, 2012 11:30PM
The hunt was a lot of fun! Thanks for the invite. The best is yet to come.

Current Detectors: Garrett AT PRO

Former Detectors: BH Tracker IV, Fisher 1225x, Fisher 1266x, Fisher cz 2o, Teknetics Alpha, Tesoro Compadre (old), Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax, Tesoro Cutlass uMax, Tesoro Cibola,Whites eagle II, Whites Classic III

Posted by: parrott
Date: February 19, 2012 11:40PM
Gosh Ray... it would be nice to find older coins in my neck of the woods in California. However I did once find a very black coated shield nickel at a stage stop in Nevada.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login