Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Deep sounds in disc mode?
Posted by: bubbadirect
Date: April 05, 2014 08:15AM
Good morning all. I understand that having GOOD headphones are a must have for hearing deep targets (check). My question is this...

In disc mode (say a setting of 27-33 or so), what EXACTLY am I supposed to "listen for"? A soft, weak maybe even, REPEATABLE sound? Ferrous or non Ferrous sound? Does it matter if it is one or the other? Does it matter?

I'm still trying to learn the machine, but during the hunt I will glance at the speedometer per se, but am trying to "listen to what it is telling me". Correct???

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated please!

Thank you all,
Bubba

"WHEN IN DOUBT, DIG IT OUT!"
SOLD...Whites v3i with 6x10 & 13 inch Detech coil
SOLD...Nokta FORS CoRe Pro Package
MINELAB 4800 GPX with Doc's Gold Screamer Power Pack 《~~~~~My favorite machine of all time
Whites TRX Pinpointer
DETECTOR PRO Jolly Rogers Headphones
White's XLT Spectrum 1st edition
Garrett ProPointer

Re: Deep sounds in disc mode?
Posted by: Bill_S
Date: April 05, 2014 05:33PM
I would bury a coin right at the edge of the detectors range and then sweep the coil over it to get an idea of how it reacts. I have noticed that the G2 will give an id number almost until it loses the signal. I would look for real faint repeatable signals. Seems like if you sweep a bit faster over the target, once you find it, you can get a better reading. The sound would probably depend on how you have the discrimination setup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2014 05:33PM by Bill_S.

Posted by: bubbadirect
Date: April 11, 2014 07:03AM
Thank you so much Bill! I'm going to try this tomorrow. Can't wait

"WHEN IN DOUBT, DIG IT OUT!"
SOLD...Whites v3i with 6x10 & 13 inch Detech coil
SOLD...Nokta FORS CoRe Pro Package
MINELAB 4800 GPX with Doc's Gold Screamer Power Pack 《~~~~~My favorite machine of all time
Whites TRX Pinpointer
DETECTOR PRO Jolly Rogers Headphones
White's XLT Spectrum 1st edition
Garrett ProPointer

Posted by: Bill_S
Date: April 11, 2014 07:26AM
No problem. Let us know how it turns out. If you are looking for coins (other than nickels) look for deep repeatable signals that stay in the mid to high 70's or 80's numbers.

Posted by: tabman
Date: April 11, 2014 07:40PM
If you get a soft whisper auto tone and some ID numbers bouncing up close to the coin range, you should dig. If auto tone is loud indicating that its a shallow target and you get the same bouncy ID numbers, it's most likely trash. Those soft whisper auto tones get my attention in a hurry.

tabman

Tesoro Tejon * Tesoro Outlaw * Fisher F75SE * Tesoro Compadre * Modded Tesoro Cibola * Tesoro Golden u-Max
Tesoro Bandido II u-Max * Tesoro Deleon * Garrett AT Pro * Teknetics G2 * Tesoro Vaquero * Killer B's Wasp Headphones

Posted by: tabman
Date: April 12, 2014 02:03PM
After reading all this I decided to take my G2 out this morning and practice what I preach.:detecting:

tabman

Tesoro Tejon * Tesoro Outlaw * Fisher F75SE * Tesoro Compadre * Modded Tesoro Cibola * Tesoro Golden u-Max
Tesoro Bandido II u-Max * Tesoro Deleon * Garrett AT Pro * Teknetics G2 * Tesoro Vaquero * Killer B's Wasp Headphones

Posted by: bigelow
Date: December 09, 2014 01:14AM
tabman
If you get a soft whisper auto tone and some ID numbers bouncing up close to the coin range, you should dig. If auto tone is loud indicating that its a shallow target and you get the same bouncy ID numbers, it's most likely trash. Those soft whisper auto tones get my attention in a hurry.

tabman

what are "auto tones"? Thanks

:tesoro: Lobo ST :tesoro: Vaquero :tesoro: Silver uMax :tesoro: Compadre x2 :garrett: Propointer

Posted by: bigelow
Date: April 14, 2015 03:14PM
bigelow
tabman

tabman

what are "auto tones"? Thanks

:tesoro: Lobo ST :tesoro: Vaquero :tesoro: Silver uMax :tesoro: Compadre x2 :garrett: Propointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login