Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Teknetics G2+N/T
Posted by: horikindaguy
Date: January 21, 2015 09:23PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Teknetics G2+
Posted by: GroundScanner
Date: January 21, 2015 09:35PM
So there is 1 , I was told there wouldn't be a upgraded G2 . Glad I waited. GS

Posted by: ldweber51
Date: January 21, 2015 10:32PM
Yes, and I have the Fisher, Gold Bug Pro, who just released the F19. What I don't understand is why didn't Fisher & Teknetics make the unit waterproof?

Date: January 22, 2015 12:20PM
ldweber51
Yes, and I have the Fisher, Gold Bug Pro, who just released the F19. What I don't understand is why didn't Fisher & Teknetics make the unit waterproof?

because Garrett already makes them with the AT Pro & AT Gold....

actually, that would be a major commitment that could very well be problematic....and they do just fine selling what they have....

Posted by: ldweber51
Date: January 22, 2015 02:10PM
I agree that it could very well be problematic. But not everyone wants a AT Pro. Waterproofing the G2 - Gold Bug Pro series would be a + for a number of reasons.

Posted by: digsgti
Date: January 22, 2015 09:53PM
Glad they stuck with the pistol grip design. The 11 inch coil looks strange with camo paint. G2+ is a good name instead of trying to pass it off as something completely new.

Posted by: knack4iron
Date: February 17, 2015 09:00AM
I've had the G2 when they came out and loved it but alas I let it go in a trade. Worst move I've ever made. I'm trying the AT Pro now. Hands down the G2 will beat it. THe only real plus I see with the AT Pro is waterproof to 10'. If they made a G2 or GB Pro with waterproofing it'd be the hottest seller since the F75 o T2. A real winner. IMO the At Pro is over hyped but a huge seller for Garrett just because its waterproof. The depth isn't there like the G2. But thats my opinion after owning both. I'd love to have a G2+.

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: February 20, 2015 06:29PM
So the G2+ is a Fisher F19 with an 11" coil and different ergos. I've had the G2 the GBP and the F19. I personally like the F19/GBP ergos better than the G2 and use the 11" coil from the GBP most of the time on my F19. Between the three, there's a combo that will work for most everyone.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Date: March 02, 2015 12:39PM
I'm hoping the G2+ will show up for spring use....

anyone have any news on the release date?

Posted by: GroundScanner
Date: March 02, 2015 09:32PM
I'm thinking a month and a half.:thumbup:

Posted by: sekypaleo
Date: March 03, 2015 05:58PM
test units are out now

Posted by: don-b
Date: March 07, 2015 11:53AM
Question for those in the know. Will there be an upgrade available to G2 owners to the G2+ similar to the T2 factory upgrade that is going on now? I love my G2 but everything can be improved on.

Posted by: El
Date: March 07, 2015 03:09PM
I don't understand. Everything that we hear and seen written implies the G2+ is the same as the F19 but with different egomaniacs. So I'm wondering what is there to test? Is it or is it not the same?

Posted by: digsgti
Date: March 08, 2015 05:59AM
That's a good question.

Posted by: AnarchyGarden
Date: March 28, 2015 11:01PM
Teknetics G2+ video from Shot Show convention in Vegas.

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx2CG4frDzo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login