Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Best Coil for GoldBug Pro for jewelry hunting??
Posted by: Sven
Date: August 17, 2015 06:12PM
I had the NEL Sharpshooter on briefly seemed to promote a bit more EMI in all metal mode. Overall I didn't see to much improvement depth wise over the 5" coil.
It appears just covered a larger area. I like the 5" coil...if it was only a 6 or 7" round coil, I'd like it better.

I don't want to go spending money on a larger coil again if I will not see any better improvement over the 5".

Did go hunting Sunday in a spot I thought I got all the targets with a T2, friend went over the same area with an AT Pro and only found a few coins I missed.
Funny thing the GoldBug cleaned up with the 5" coil, all the coins were 2-4" deep. The GBP works pretty good when it comes to finding Canadian clad.

Deteknix Quest Pro, Teknetics Mark 1, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Re: Best Coil for GoldBug Pro for jewelry hunting??
Posted by: John(Tx)
Date: August 18, 2015 05:42PM
It would be nice if they made a 7 or 8" coil like the 5". I would buy one in a heartbeat. I keep the 5" on my G2 95% of the time. HH

Date: August 19, 2015 08:45AM
Might be a winter project for me. a 7" DD coil

Posted by: John(Tx)
Date: August 19, 2015 08:29PM
That sounds good Sven, if you happen to build one please let me know as I am very interested. Good hunting to you. John

Date: August 21, 2015 07:11PM
Sven
Might be a winter project for me. a 7" DD coil

What was I thinking? The 5" is a great coil and the 5x10 is as well. Since there is not a whole lot of performance difference depth wise. What good would be another DD coil sized between these two?
Must have had a concentric coil in mind in between those sizes around 7". Oh well, maybe I will just get a 5x10 for more coverage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2015 07:16PM by Sven.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login