Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Rechargeable Batteries for the G2+
Posted by: cookie58
Date: December 07, 2015 03:24PM
I thought I would try the Tenergy 600mHa in the G2+. Is there anyone who has any information about whether or not to use them. I'm going to try to use them in a my garrett pin pointer too. Any comments will be appreciated.....

Re: Rechargeable Batteries for the G2+
Posted by: XXJIMBOXX
Date: December 13, 2015 01:16PM
Hi im using Tenergy 250mah NiMH in my G2 and Makro pointer and havnt had any issues with em, been using em for about 5-7 months now. The last a long time, I charge them after two long hunts usally. After two hunts they usally only drop one mark on the G2 battery life indicator...

Posted by: duggr
Date: December 13, 2015 11:21PM
cookie58
I thought I would try the Tenergy 600mHa in the G2+. Is there anyone who has any information about whether or not to use them. I'm going to try to use them in a my garrett pin pointer too. Any comments will be appreciated.....
My G2+ is on the way but I ordered two Maha Powerex Imedion 9.6V 230mAh NiMH Rechargeable plus a Charger.
Regular NIMH Rechargeables are 8.4 volts so I'm going to try the 9.6V ones.I don't see a problem but will let everyone know
if there is...
9.6V Maha

Using classified forum for dozens of his private sales.
He's deactivated and blocked

Date: December 23, 2015 06:06PM
duggr
cookie58
My G2+ is on the way but I ordered two Maha Powerex Imedion 9.6V 230mAh NiMH Rechargeable plus a Charger.
Regular NIMH Rechargeables are 8.4 volts so I'm going to try the 9.6V ones.I don't see a problem but will let everyone know
if there is...
9.6V Maha

Received the 9.6 Volt Maha's in the other day. Tested the Voltage with my meter and turns out they were 10.26 volts
out of the package. Put one in the G2 plus and it worked fine!

Date: December 24, 2015 04:47PM
Mine are Tenergy 600mAh Lithium-ion. Mine comes out of the charger (green light on) with 8.4 volts. Does this sound right???

Date: December 24, 2015 05:54PM
cookie58
Mine are Tenergy 600mAh Lithium-ion. Mine comes out of the charger (green light on) with 8.4 volts. Does this sound right???
Thats sound right. I bought the Maha 9.6 volt slow discharge NIMH rechargeables.

Date: December 24, 2015 08:21PM
They seem like they are going to last longer. I believe they will be much better than the alkaline 9volts that I was using. Thanks duggr for letting us know and let us know about the additional voltage. Whether it helps an already great machine or if it is even better with 10.26 volts..........Thanks.....

Posted by: Dave J.
Date: December 24, 2015 09:17PM
The circuit itself is voltage regulated, which has the result of also regulating current drain. Regulator dropout is about 6 volts. Anything over that is just wasted as heat and will not provide longer life. What matters is the milliamp hour capacity.

Until recently, rectangular rechargeables had poor mA-H capacity, typically less than half that of a good quality alkaline. However within the last several years there's been some big improvements.

Date: December 24, 2015 09:34PM
Dave J.
The circuit itself is voltage regulated, which has the result of also regulating current drain. Regulator dropout is about 6 volts. Anything over that is just wasted as heat and will not provide longer life. What matters is the milliamp hour capacity.

Until recently, rectangular rechargeables had poor mA-H capacity, typically less than half that of a good quality alkaline. However within the last several years there's been some big improvements.

Here's what I ordered. Powerex Imedion 9V 9.6V 230mAh NiMH Rechargeable Maha Batteries
Dave How will the 230MaH current supply work for the G-2+?

Date: December 25, 2015 08:56AM
Thanks Dave. I was thinking the extra voltage might make the three-ringers jump into our pouch without digging. No, just kidding. However, thanks to you for taking the time to answer questions about a great machine. Merry Christmas, TOO ALL!!!!!!!!

Date: December 25, 2015 11:18AM
cookie58
Thanks Dave. I was thinking the extra voltage might make the three-ringers jump into our pouch without digging. No, just kidding. However, thanks to you for taking the time to answer questions about a great machine. Merry Christmas, TOO ALL!!!!!!!!
I wasmore worried about the Voltage hurting the Detector! Was also wandering about the MAH (230) was going to last as long as regular Duracell Copper Top
Nine Volt's

Date: December 25, 2015 12:01PM
Yes duggr. The increase in volts is good to know that it will not affect the detector. I am very glad that you brought that up and it was answered by Dave......Thanks........

Posted by: Dave J.
Date: December 25, 2015 09:14PM
duggr
cookie58
I wasmore worried about the Voltage hurting the Detector! Was also wandering about the MAH (230) was going to last as long as regular Duracell Copper Top
Nine Volt's

Good quality alkalines, 500 to 650 mAH. So 230 mAH rechargeable, probably a little less than half the life you get from good quality alkaline.

Posted by: sjmpainter
Date: January 03, 2016 08:13PM
I run the Tenergy 250 mAH on my F19 and Garrett pro pointer I get a good 15 hrs. and no issues I recommend getting a few extra for the long weekends.

By the way watch out for the new LiPo batteries they tend to run a bit large in size and may not fit in the detector.

Date: January 05, 2016 01:18PM
That is good information, smjpainter. I have the 2 Tenergy and 2 EBL. They are the 600 mAh. I don't think the EBL s are too big. I will try them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login