Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: G2+ vs F19 differences ?
Posted by: dfmike
Date: September 20, 2016 06:49PM
tometusns
You guys have me pretty stoked about the f19. Mines coming in the mail tomorrow and I have decided to make a real commitment to learn it.

Did you buy it from Chuck in the classified section ? With what were you detecting before ? If you are not used to a high freq detector there is a learning curve or perhaps calling it a discovery curve would be more exact. It's not hard to learn at all but the differences between it and lower freq detectors becomes quite obvious with extended use and the extent of those differences surprised me. For me the differences with my low freq detector are not all good but a lot of them are so the F19 is a keeper.

Be prepared to find a lot of small stuff in the low conductor range. I will post my latest 2 beach hunt within a few days in the F series forum. I'll probably add a few more observations regarding the F5 vs F19 differences.

In any case, congrats on your purchase. I think you will like it.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: amberjack
Date: September 21, 2016 09:02AM
been driving a GBP then on to the F19 for near 6 years still learning how it ticks but it does tick :buds:

Posted by: david bull
Date: September 21, 2016 02:06PM
I went back over one of my relic sites just this week with my f19 .I dug a Minnie at 8", a j-hook, a rivet and two pistol balls.The next morning I swept the same area with my Sovereign XS and dug some small brass flakes,I then swept it with my Blisstool v5 and dug a few iffy iron signals,which turned out to be iron.This morning I swept yet again with my MXT Pro&8x6 SEF coil and dug a few pointed square nails(which chirped).In another part of the field,I did dig a breast plate with the MXT.My point being that the F19 pretty well cleaned the site and missed nothing.All of these are very good detectors and to be fair,I really don't have much experience with the Blisstool,but the F19 with its lightweight and simple setup makes it a no-brainier.My guess is that you don't hear much about these because of the price.The used detector market is a pretty good indicator of how people like their detectors and from what I've seen,very few of these show up to be sold.This indicates to me that people who own them are hanging on to them.

Date: September 21, 2016 07:32PM
I have not had many detectors but my impression of the F19 was exactly that: If it's in the ground and not too deep it will find it. It's like a vacuum cleaner. I found tiny tiny bits of metal at depth, stuff that I didn't really want to find but at least I know it has the ability to find tiny jewelry as well. If only there were gold nuggets here. I know the F19 would snatch them all.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Date: September 21, 2016 08:12PM
also a useful nugget hunter that's what it was made for and morphed in to something else as well, the upgrades from the GBP are worth the extra cost for me, only mod would be a toggle from disc to AM which can be done if wanted or needed.

I think its true those that get to know this detector don't sell.

AJ

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: September 21, 2016 08:45PM
AJ-----Ya need a few more detectors!!!!! Which one(s) ya gonna buy next???------Maybe the G2+ so's the F-19 won't get lonely!----You know, different grip--may be a "game changer"!:thumbup:
amberjack
also a useful nugget hunter that's what it was made for and morphed in to something else as well, the upgrades from the GBP are worth the extra cost for me, only mod would be a toggle from disc to AM which can be done if wanted or needed.

AJ

Posted by: tometusns
Date: September 21, 2016 09:04PM
dfmike
tometusns
You guys have me pretty stoked about the f19. Mines coming in the mail tomorrow and I have decided to make a real commitment to learn it.

Did you buy it from Chuck in the classified section ? With what were you detecting before ? If you are not used to a high freq detector there is a learning curve or perhaps calling it a discovery curve would be more exact. It's not hard to learn at all but the differences between it and lower freq detectors becomes quite obvious with extended use and the extent of those differences surprised me. For me the differences with my low freq detector are not all good but a lot of them are so the F19 is a keeper.

Be prepared to find a lot of small stuff in the low conductor range. I will post my latest 2 beach hunt within a few days in the F series forum. I'll probably add a few more observations regarding the F5 vs F19 differences.

In any case, congrats on your purchase. I think you will like it.
I traded for it. Been using an etrac but have been looking for something lighter. I've watched a bunch of utube videos. Played with it a bit today... I'll be taking her out soon

Date: September 22, 2016 07:41PM
If you prefer a quiet hunt, learn the V-Break and FeTone options and use them to your advantage. I use these all the time and have come to find them almost indispensable. The F19 can be set to become a pretty decent coin hunter if that is what you want. There are a few good videos on youtube that explain a few features. Since there arent't a ton of F19 videos, they are easy to find. :)

Posted by: david bull
Date: September 22, 2016 09:27PM
I run the volume @ 12, disc @ 25,vbreak @ 35 for relics and dig most anything that chirps repeatably.You can run volume at 10 with zero disc and eliminate most smaller iron bits but I like to hear some iron so that I know when to slow down.

Date: September 23, 2016 08:11PM
That's why I run mine at 10 all the time. I'm not a relic hunter. I notch iron with my F5 as well. I eliminate iron from the get go. Unlike a lot of people on here, I can't stand the incessant noise most machines make when nothing is taken out or in all metal. It's kind of ironic I'm using this detector when Fisher clearly had the relic hunters in mind when they developed it. I find it very good for just about everything so far.

Take a look at the Fisher F series forum if you have a minute. I posted my last finds there.

Date: September 24, 2016 08:50PM
Ok, got to hunt for a while this evening. First two holes I dug were solid 58's and 60 and 86 nickels!! Wow!! I only got to hunt for about 30 min but a solid 59 @ 7+ inches gave up the square part of a tab. Awesome depth with the stock coil. I dug six holes four locked in solid 3 coins square part or a tab. Two holes little jumpy signal and got can slaw. I already really like the f19!!

Date: September 24, 2016 08:57PM
The other coin was a 73 memorial @ 3 inches. Also I went to a ball field that has been hunted to death to try tout. I'm going back.... looking for some silver... lol

Date: September 25, 2016 05:52PM
You will most probably find stuff even if an area has been done to death by other detectorists (If its in the ground of course). The beach I have been hunting lately has been done many times through the years yet I find things that have been in the ground for years. Those 2 old silver dimes I found recently should have been found a long time ago.

If you like your F19 now it will only get better from here.

Date: October 19, 2016 06:07AM
D&P-OR
AJ-----Ya need a few more detectors!!!!! Which one(s) ya gonna buy next???------Maybe the G2+ so's the F-19 won't get lonely!----You know, different grip--may be a "game changer"!:thumbup:
amberjack

AJ

dunnoh Del maybe a Nokta :shrug: funny that the F19 is sitting all by its self at the front door not sure what that means other than its a grab and go :biggrin:

really some have to go I think.

AJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login