Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Fisher Gold Bug Pro Batterys
Posted by: St Bernard
Date: March 20, 2016 04:35PM
Looking at the Gold Bug Pro detector. I see it takes 9v battery. In the NiMH 9v batterys what is the highest mAh battery to use? I want to be able to recharge batterys and not be buying batterys every other day. Thanks you
------------------
Bill

Re: Fisher Gold Bug Pro Batterys
Posted by: Dave J.
Date: March 20, 2016 10:02PM
St Bernard
Looking at the Gold Bug Pro detector. I see it takes 9v battery. In the NiMH 9v batterys what is the highest mAh battery to use? I want to be able to recharge batterys and not be buying batterys every other day. Thanks you
------------------
Bill

The highest you can get. Even then, run time won't match a good alkaline. Rechargeable lithiums are expensive but run time is comparable to good quality alkaline. Also be aware that when rechargeables die, there's nothing gradual about it. No warning. You'll go from running fine to deadbatt in a matter of minutes or even less.

Posted by: pasttom
Date: March 30, 2016 12:02PM
I always keep an extra battery in a ziplock bag for that reason and I am VERY grateful it has a meter. I have machines that cost 3 times as much and lack one and it is VERY irritating! I find battery life to be very reasonable in the GBP as with nearly all First Texas products.

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Posted by: cookie58
Date: April 01, 2016 07:16PM
Hello pasttom. I have a G2+ and have bought four 600 mAh lithiums. They seem to work alright. I plan on having 2 spares with me and I use one in the metal detector and one in the pinpointer. I got these off ebay where you can buy the batteries and the charger together. I'll let you know more about them when I get out to use them more..........Darrell.

Posted by: cookie58
Date: April 02, 2016 08:15AM
This reply should have been to St Benard.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: June 05, 2016 11:04AM
so how did the battery's go do they fit in the detector?

AJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login