Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Question for goldbug (digital) users
Posted by: eddiecurrent
Date: April 21, 2016 09:53AM
I was thinking of getting a goldbug with a 5X10 elliptical coil to hunt my south Florida beaches for micro jewelry such as fine gold chains and teeny earrings, but also worked OK on coins. Anyone able to tell me if it would be OK for this? Could such a combo do decent on coins...like at least 6" on a quarter? Thanks.

Re: Question for goldbug (digital) users
Posted by: pasttom
Date: April 21, 2016 12:49PM
IMHO this is a very good choice for price simplicity and effectiveness. Teknetics Greeks very close and lower cost. As long as you stay in the dry sand you will be in good shape. Nothing is very effective in the wet salt for small gold. Patience and technique will weigh heavy as to success with any machine. First you have to swing over something worth collecting, then hear it, then locate it reasonably fast. Very good headphones, pinpointer and fine shifting tools are key too. Good luck and have fun! There are some really good finds to be had when one puts in the work.

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Posted by: eddiecurrent
Date: April 21, 2016 02:15PM
Thanks Tom. I have a large flour sifter that might come in handy. I'm hoping a gold machine like the goldbug can see fine gold chains, they're invisible to my CZ's, even in all metal at max sensitivity.

Posted by: Willee
Date: May 09, 2016 07:18AM
eddiecurrent
Thanks Tom. I have a large flour sifter that might come in handy. I'm hoping a gold machine like the goldbug can see fine gold chains, they're invisible to my CZ's, even in all metal at max sensitivity.

My Gold Bug 2 will sound off on incredibly small metal that my CZ-5 will not sense.
Tiny gold chains should be no problem in dry beach sand and I am sure you will be happy you bought a Gold Bug detector.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login