Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
G2 PLUS vs G2 (differences worth it?)
Posted by: doberman
Date: August 23, 2016 08:55AM
Considering a G2 or G2 Plus is the G2 Plus that much better then the G2? What are the major differences?

Re: G2 PLUS vs G2 (differences worth it?)
Posted by: amberjack
Date: August 23, 2016 09:31AM
back light, 20 section adjustable movable notch, iron volume, hear all disced out targets as a low tone, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtyjLUug7-A

I probably missed something but for me the red back light is like super stealth mode love it for night hunting.

for me totally worth it if you can pick up a nice 2nd hand one for the right price !! lots people don't like them for what ever reason for me the ID is flawless its what I compare all comers too !!

AJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2016 09:33AM by amberjack.

HAVE A BRAND NEW AT PRO FOR TRADE FOR A G2 Plus in classifieds
Posted by: doberman
Date: August 23, 2016 06:03PM
Thanks for the post amberjack. I have a brand ne AT PRO with warranty for trade now in the classifieds. Wouldnt love to find a used G2 PLUS for sale if there out there!

Dan

Posted by: dfmike
Date: August 23, 2016 06:45PM
For me it's worth it just to have FeTone/iron volume. Set volume at 10 and ferrous targets disappear just as if you had notched iron out BUT you don't loose depth since it's not discriminated out. It just sets the iron volume to zero. Every detector should have this. Since I'm going to use this detector in trashy areas a lot I like to have some unwanted target sounds disappear so I can stay sane. This is for the F19 but I gather the G2+ has the same innards with pistol grip and camo 11 DD coil.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: amberjack
Date: August 23, 2016 10:07PM
yeah both the same detectors just different outsides, yeah listing to the crap can be hard work on the old brain I set mine on 11 so I can just hear it most of the time just so I know how fast to go but yes can be a bit taxing sometimes.

they seem to come up fairly regular maybe sell the pro and wait? might work out better? don't know for sure on that !! AT pro has never been on my radar but lots of people seem to like it ?

AJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login