Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New coil
Posted by: PHIL C. MOORE
Date: October 14, 2016 11:27AM
I just got a 13" detech intimate coil for my G2+,is anyone useing one on there G2+ for relic hunting. And how too set it.

Re: New coil
Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: October 14, 2016 12:59PM
If you are referring to the 13" DD Ultimate coil-----Yes, I own & use it on my G2+.-----That combo works great & is easy to set up & use for relic hunting on the G2+/F-19.-----Just g.b. on a clean spot of ground---max out the sensitivity--set disc low and hunt.---You can also set the V-break & iron volume to your liking if you wish.----That Ultimate coil gives you a little added depth over the 11" and of course a little better coverage.---It's a nice coil--I use it on my Etrac & Omega also.-----------Del
PHIL C. MOORE
I just got a 13" detech intimate coil for my G2+,is anyone useing one on there G2+ for relic hunting. And how too set it.

Posted by: PHIL C. MOORE
Date: October 14, 2016 04:30PM
Thank's

Posted by: dfmike
Date: October 14, 2016 07:10PM
I got one on my F19. I like it. It goes deeper, might separate just as well than the Fisher 11 DD but the ground balance numbers I get are different than on my Fisher coils. It seems to ground balance with a lower numeric value than the Fisher's in the same areas.

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: October 15, 2016 08:31PM
You just got a great relic set up. I use that combo a lot. It's really good on buttons. I went to a pounded Confederate camp & found the most reb buttons I've ever found. I & many other hunters pounded this camp with whites & cz detectors. Now if you really want to dig the deep stuff put a NEL 15" Attack coil on the the end of it. That's usually what I use. Good luck & HH

From The Great Appalachian Valley F19 T2se G2 BIG BOX TDI CZ-3D XLT Pro pointer

Posted by: El
Date: October 16, 2016 11:44AM
Digger70pa
You just got a great relic set up. I use that combo a lot. It's really good on buttons. I went to a pounded Confederate camp & found the most reb buttons I've ever found. I & many other hunters pounded this camp with whites & cz detectors. Now if you really want to dig the deep stuff put a NEL 15" Attack coil on the the end of it. That's usually what I use. Good luck & HH

Digger, how is the weight /balance between the 13DD ultimate and 15 attack. I have a relic site that has dried up and am trying to decided on a new coil, also wondering which one would best for highly mineralize CA. salt water beach hunting.

Thanks,

El

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 19, 2016 06:10AM
I am liking the mars 10 x 13 :biggrin: raw as but finding stuff others and I have missed so its a keeper I guess.

AJ

Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: October 23, 2016 06:39PM
El
Digger70pa

Digger, how is the weight /balance between the 13DD ultimate and 15 attack. I have a relic site that has dried up and am trying to decided on a new coil, also wondering which one would best for highly mineralize CA. salt water beach hunting.

Thanks,

El
The 15" coil is heavy. I find it worth it though. It's got inches of depth on the ultimate coil. the ultimate coil does better on buttons though.

From The Great Appalachian Valley F19 T2se G2 BIG BOX TDI CZ-3D XLT Pro pointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login