Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
F19 and GB pro sensitivity
Posted by: Grumpie
Date: January 09, 2017 10:00AM
Just curious has anyone with either one of these detectors try to see if there machine picks up a #9 birdshot. And if so what was the max distance

Re: F19 and GB pro sensitivity
Posted by: dfmike
Date: January 09, 2017 01:16PM
Is that 2.0mm in diameter BB type ? Wish I had one to test. Judging by the tiny stuff I picked up this summer at the beach with the smaller coils, I would say the F19 can pick it up but can't be sure. That's small indeed.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Date: January 09, 2017 02:16PM
Yes sir 2.01mm

Date: January 09, 2017 02:53PM
Try a #8 if you can find one

Date: January 10, 2017 04:43PM
I had a small piece of iron that was sent to me with a mini weight scale for calibration. It's about 2.5mm but almost flat. On the F19, it barely registers in zero disc mode and sensitivity cranked way up. It's a broken signal that comes and goes. In all metal mode with sensitivity only half way, it picks it up no problem with a good but somewhat faint signal in the headphones. This is in the air only. I can't test it in the ground. It's frozen stiff with 24 inches of snow on top.

Because you posted a similar question in the X-Terra forum, I can say that my X-Terra 705 with the HF football coil will sometimes beep once every 10 passes in all metal mode. It's virtually invisible with that detector.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 04:52PM by dfmike.

Posted by: Minero
Date: March 24, 2017 12:06AM
dfmike, so from having both detectors, would you say that the F19 is more sensitive than the x-terra?

Date: March 24, 2017 09:01AM
I've acquired my X-Terra only recently. In air tests the F19 is more sensitive to the very small low conductors with comparably sized coils and the X-Terra equipped with an HF coil. I haven't tried the X-Terra on super small targets in prospecting mode yet. That could change everything.

I can't make a proper judgment on the X-Terra yet as I have very limited experience on it in the field. I still can't take it out. It's snowing right now again !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login