Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Gold bug and hot soil
Posted by: nge
Date: March 17, 2017 09:27AM
How well does the Gold bug do in extremely "hot" (mineralized) soil of S.E. Tennessee? Does it hit on all iron (mineralization) as well as bullets? Or can I hear bullets, brass and other metals while not have hits on the hot soil when I don't have a desired target under the coil? Is the Gold Bug ground balancable? Thanks in advance.......NGE

Re: Gold bug and hot soil
Posted by: dfmike
Date: March 18, 2017 09:37AM
I'm not familiar with extreme ground mineralization but around here and judging by the phase numbers I get with both my Fisher F5 and F19, the ground varies from moderate to high. My F19 does well in my ground. It does better than anything else I have used so far with a DD coil. And yes, it can be ground balanced with ease.

There's a few videos on youtube (check relics1864) where the user which is a regular poster on findmall tests both the Teknetics G2+ and the F19 for depth in his rough ground and the machines seem quite capable. The Gold Bug should do just as well. Keep in mind the tests are done on coins, not on bullets, brass or other relatively low conductors.

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Re: Gold bug and hot soil
Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: March 24, 2017 07:53PM
I have a couple spots that my G2 ground balance‚Äč was in the single digits. Rough soil for sure.

From The Great Appalachian Valley F19 T2se G2 BIG BOX TDI CZ-3D XLT Pro pointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login