Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Looking for G2+ Ground Balancing Tips
Posted by: Speedlunker
Date: April 27, 2017 12:53PM
Pretty new to all of this and was wanting to start a thread for G2+ users to share tips on how to properly ground balance especially in tricky areas and also how to know if you are properly balanced and when it's time to re-balance. I know the ground grab is usually the easiest way but I'm referring more to situations where that doesn't seem possible. I was recently hunting an open field where houses used to be and it seemed like there was no are to balance where the detector wasn't sounding off like a geiger counter. I'm thinking if I used ground grab in this situation I would be cancelling out and reducing my depth on good signals so how should I balance and how do I know I'm good when there's so much trash or noise that I can't seem to find a clear place to balance? Any tips would be appreciated and also not just this scenario but any other tricky ones people may have run across.

Re: Looking for G2+ Ground Balancing Tips
Posted by: dfmike
Date: April 27, 2017 06:03PM
I usually set mine on 50 gain, all metal and threshold in the positive range but barely. I find myself in trashy places quite often. It might seem discouraging to find a place where one can ground grab properly but it's always possible. It just takes a little more patience in these places. I might find a small area just between two signals but there's always somewhere nearby where the detector is quiet. I swing slowly and in a very narrow arc to find a space where the ground is clean. I automatically ground balance again after about an hour of use even if I don't move to another area entirely. You can also find 2 nearby places to ground grab and if both give you about the same values you should be good to go.

If you really can't find a clean place, you could just dig the junk out from underneath the coil in a given area and when it's cleaned out (no more metal ferrous or otherwise), GB from there.

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: horikindaguy
Date: May 17, 2017 08:37AM
I never ground balance mine, lol

default works fine, turn on and go (retains your settings on power cycle)....

highest sense, 0 discrim, 12 audio, 37 break...no notch, works like a charm for clad/jewelry hunting...

after hitting an area a few times with the G2+ I pull out the Racer 2 and have at it for the extra depth it gets. That one I ground balance, haha

Posted by: jak135
Date: May 17, 2017 01:14PM
So for the same area, do you find things with your Racer 2 that the G2+ missed?

Thanks

Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: June 04, 2017 09:35PM
Give it time friend it'll get easier. The ground balance on that machine is very simple. Find clean ground buddy. When in doubt rebalance the machine. It does make a difference.

From The Great Appalachian Valley F19 T2se G2 BIG BOX TDI CZ-3D XLT Pro pointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login