Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
First run with G2+ scores awesome coin
Posted by: Sand dog
Date: April 28, 2017 03:01PM
Got my G2+ last Monday, finally yesterday I had some time after work to go give it a try, figured I'd try it out in a new field I got permission to hunt. Dug some pieces of white lead and some brass shards then got a nice solid 82 signal and down about 6" pulled out an 1802 draped bust large cent, this is my oldest large cent I dug an 1806 about 10yrs ago. I had to leave after I dug this coin as it started to rain and lightning. I'm going back tomorrow asap hope this coin has friends. I'm really liking this G2+ can't believe the first coin it gets me is my oldest large cent I'm very happy. This field is about 50 acres and was once part of a town from 1710-1850s. Thanks

John

Re: First run with G2+ scores awesome coin
Posted by: dfmike
Date: April 28, 2017 07:04PM
I'd be very excited to have permission to hunt there. Congrats on your find. Post a picture if you can.

A solid 82 is almost always copper for me on my F19. Just a tad above that and you are entering silver range. I like getting solid 85's or 86's !

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: Jackpine Savage
Date: April 29, 2017 03:30PM
Man that's a confidence booster right there. Good luck on your new permission and please keep us posted as that largie is surely only the beginning! :thumbup:

Save the Concentrics

Minelab Advantage, G2, Omega 8500, X-Terra 705, F75 DST and a Fisher ID Edge

Date: April 30, 2017 08:09AM
Ok went back to site with my girlfriend, she was using her new F44 I was using my G2+. I got a civil war infantry button and another first for me an 1863 our army token. She got a large copper but it's unidentifiable then I hear her scream with joy and come running over to me and hand me a coin she didn't recognize. It was an 1749 1 reale I was very happy for her "she's totally hooked on tecting now" I have to say she really loves the F44 and I'm very impressed with it, it runs quiet and gets good depth. She likes to run it in all metal and watch the ID numbers. Will get the pics up soon Thanks

John

Date: April 30, 2017 06:26PM

Date: April 30, 2017 06:29PM
I gotta invest in a better camera this is the best I can get with my phone cam.

John

Posted by: dfmike
Date: May 01, 2017 09:06AM
The 1749 reale ia a beauty. I think your photos are good. The problem with dark copper over white is that the camera will underexpose the coin because of the white background. See if you can up the exposure (positive exposure compensation on your telephone). Alternatively, use a darker background but not black. That should bring up more detail in the shadows.

Just about any modern compact camera does a marvelous job on closeup shots of tiny objects. Keep the finds coming. You seem to have found a really great place to hunt.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: May 08, 2017 03:23PM
Cool finds buddy.

From The Great Appalachian Valley F19 T2se G2 BIG BOX TDI CZ-3D XLT Pro pointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login