Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nel coils v fisher
Posted by: turkey4
Date: May 31, 2017 01:19PM
Anyone have experience with the Nel Hunter coil on the f19. I was wondering which one might be better the hunter coil or the Fisher 11in coil any input would be appreciated

Re: Nel coils v fisher
Posted by: dfmike
Date: May 31, 2017 06:29PM
Not the Nel Hunter but the Thunder. I kept the 11 DD, not the Thunder. Enough said. :) If it was my money, I'd put it on the 11 DD without any reservations. If you feel like going for a bigger coil for depth later on, you have a lot of options. The 11 DD is the best overall coil on my F19 so far (out of 5-6 coils). When I'm in super heavy trash or near big metal structures in tight places, I prefer a 5 X 10 Detech SEF coil but only in those instances.

I don't think the Nel Hunter will do anything the 11 DD can't do plus if you ever need a fix for the coil, Fisher will take care of you.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: TheHunterGT
Date: June 02, 2017 12:21AM
I always wanted to like the NEL Hunter due to the name....but alas I have not heard much good from it.

Seems the SharpShooter/Thunder/Tornado get the love while the Hunter is the black sheep of the family. Heard some guys use multiple NEL coils and always bag on the Hunter coil.

Posted by: tometusns
Date: June 11, 2017 10:00PM
I've got both the 11 factory and the Nel Hunter. I'll do another air test tomorrow and post the results. The 5 inch coil is the one that impressed me. I got six inches on a dime, penny and seven on a nickel, quarter. First time out with the 5, I got an 1899 v nickel. First time it with the Hunter

Date: June 11, 2017 10:04PM
I've got both the 11 factory and the Nel Hunter. I'll do another air test tomorrow and post the results. The 5 inch coil impressed me. I got six inches on a dime, penny and seven on a nickel, quarter.

Date: June 12, 2017 01:18PM
Nel Hunter 8 penny, 8 nickel, 7.5 dime, 9 quarter
Stock 11 dd 8 penny, 8 nickel, 7.5 dime, 8.5 quarter
Stock 10x5 7 penny/dime 8 nickel /quarter
Stock 5 dd 6.5 penny/dime 7.5 nickel/quarter

Your tests may vary but this it's what I got. I also don't rely completely on air testing but it does give you an idea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login