Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
More Goldbug finds...
Posted by: MikeW
Date: September 12, 2017 12:48AM
Gonna have to nickname this the Silver Bug. Went to an old fairgrounds for 3 hrs. Detected the parking field. Used the Delta's 8 inch concentric on the GB. Hard ground, very trashy, but the coil worked great. Got about $3.50 in mostly rusty clad. But did manage to find two war nickels, 1945 s, and p, mint marks. Also got a sterling piece of jewelry. If you enlarge the pic you will see.925 on the right, and on the far left is a small circle and a dollar sign $.
Mostly dug good coin signals and in the +58 range. Just two much junk to look for gold. Dug several different types of tabs and bottle caps in the +58 range. The war nickels were mostly +58, 59,60. Raised the disc to 40 to eliminate nails. Got many machine gun type iron signals followed by a number that were iron objects but not rusty. I like to dig the oddball signals as interesting stuff can be found. Had a great time but it wore me out. Yesterday got a 1927 wheatie using the 11 inch dd.

Re: More Goldbug finds...
Date: September 12, 2017 01:03AM
Hard to see the jewelry marks in the photo. I will see if I can take a better pic.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: September 12, 2017 06:57PM
LOL who said the GB couldn't use concentric coils ? Technically there are no concentric coils for the Gold Bug, G2, Fisher F19 because they are not designed for these coils. The 19 kHz machines are supposed to run DD coils exclusively. They can work though as you have proven here.

great finds !

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Date: September 13, 2017 10:52AM
Thanks. Im happy with a couple of war nickels. Have always liked finding them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login