Findmall.com

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
13" coil
Posted by: rebel pride
Date: September 18, 2017 08:06PM
Looking to buy a 13" coil for my G2+ Which coil should I go with the Mars Discovery or the detech 13" ultimate. Weight and depth are important issue for me.

Re: 13" coil
Posted by: dfmike
Date: September 19, 2017 04:15PM
I have both for my F19 (same as the G2+). The Ultimate is lighter at 555 grams compared to 625 grams for the Discovery. The Discovery has a more solid build. For some reason that eludes me, I can pin point with more accuracy with the Mars coil. Apart from that, the 2 coils perform about equally.

I am selling my Mars Discovery if your interested. It's in the classifieds. The only reason why I am selling it and not the Ultimate is that I bought the Ultimate second hand , it was in a less than ideal aesthetic condition when I bought it and would have to sell it at a bigger loss for me. In other words, it's really beat up. The Discovery coil is mint.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: rebel pride
Date: September 19, 2017 08:30PM
Thanks for the imformation. Will check out your coil on classifieds.

Posted by: rockpup1
Date: October 02, 2017 01:42PM
I have the detech 13", bought it used-it sucks-I know why the guy sold it to me.
No real depth -heavy-built good but I have not seen a increase in deep hits even compared to my 5" coil.
I want the fisher 6x9" I only use the detech for larger search areas. does improve that. but I think at a cost of lots of missed targets.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: October 03, 2017 03:08PM
Do you have the original receipt or box ? It's the only way of knowing for sure the coil compatibility/what detector it was intended for. Are you 100% sure it is intended for your detector ? Mine gets between 1-2 inches more on average sized targets in the ground compared to the 11 DD. If you don't get more depth than your 5 inch coil, your specific Detech coil has an issue.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login