Findmall.com

Minelab SD, GP, & GPX Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Anyone using or used a modified GPX?
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: August 06, 2017 03:45AM
Is anyone using or used a modified GPX? I am interested to know their thoughts on overall performance.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Re: Anyone using or used a modified GPX?
Posted by: Smigo
Date: August 06, 2017 09:03AM
Done in Aus/Down Under? Seen some disasterous results from them, good machines made bad, some not made bad but of no use, the mod, in real world detecting. None of the top operators i know use one or trust them. Iv never once seen them produce more depth and neither have guys i know.

Date: August 06, 2017 02:07PM
Smigo
Done in Aus/Down Under? Seen some disasterous results from them, good machines made bad, some not made bad but of no use, the mod, in real world detecting. None of the top operators i know use one or trust them. Iv never once seen them produce more depth and neither have guys i know.

Appreciate you comments. However, a valid response can only come from someone who has had a modification carried out on their GPX and used it in the field. They will be able to give a before and after opinion.

Happy Hunting

Posted by: Smigo
Date: August 15, 2017 06:31AM
Nah mate. These guys did own them, close friends. I still see these guys and they still detect. But they dont own them any longer and dont use them. And they are amongst the cream of Aussie operators. Guess i would have had to get it done to be valid, then i would also be stupid.

Date: August 15, 2017 07:09AM
Smigo
Nah mate. These guys did own them, close friends. I still see these guys and they still detect. But they dont own them any longer and dont use them. And they are amongst the cream of Aussie operators. Guess i would have had to get it done to be valid, then i would also be stupid.

Your comments are still appreciated. Your friends got rid of the modified machines, have any of them gone back to a standard GPX?

Happy Hunting

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login