Findmall.com

Minelab SD, GP, & GPX Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Do you have trouble with EMI?
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: September 25, 2017 08:12AM
If you are troubled with EMI I can thoroughly recommend the use of Coiltek Anti Interference coils.
They enable detecting under power-lines and up to a metre or so from an electric fence.

Its the difference of being able to use the GPX or not on 'There is a slight loss of depth as a trade off but not that bad.

According to the Instruction manual this can be solved when using DDs by switching into cancel but I have to say there is a great depth loss when this is done.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Re: Do you have trouble with EMI?
Posted by: Old California
Date: September 25, 2017 08:47AM
I once had the 11" Coiltek Anti interference coil, worked great in areas with EMI.

Then, Purchased a 10" X 5" Elliptical DD Commander coil and because of the smaller footprint it too could be worked in areas with EMI. Traded the 11" Coiltek Anti Interference coil, wish I'd kept it now but the 10" X 5" Elliptical DD Commander coil is great eliminating EMI.

Use the 10" X 5" Elliptical DD Commander coil quite a bit for park hunting, great separation and good depth.

Good post,
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Date: September 25, 2017 09:10AM
Old California
I once had the 11" Coiltek Anti interference coil, worked great in areas with EMI.

Then, Purchased a 10" X 5" Elliptical DD Commander coil and because of the smaller footprint it too could be worked in areas with EMI. Traded the 11" Coiltek Anti Interference coil, wish I'd kept it now but the 10" X 5" Elliptical DD Commander coil is great eliminating EMI.

Use the 10" X 5" Elliptical DD Commander coil quite a bit for park hunting, great separation and good depth.

Good post,
Paul

Thanks for posting.. Quite correct, the smaller footprint can be useful but if there is powerful EMI from an electric fence for example, the only was to be able to detect is with the Anti Interference coil.

Happy Hunting

Date: September 25, 2017 09:16AM
Coiltek have reduced the number of coils available as Anti Interference to:

11", 14", 17"x11" and a huge drag coil 40"x20"...

I can thorough recommend the 14". I have found it very useful on pasture ground and its not too heavy at just over 31oz. A little too large for Parks I would guess.

Happy Hunting

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login