Findmall.com

Civil War Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Reales, lead, brass and copper
Posted by: quicksilver
Date: June 12, 2017 12:20AM
Got back out to the camp today, got a nice pulled Gardner, an eagle button that the plow ate a little, not sure on the copper woman, not even sure it's period. Usual camp lead, love the round ball, I don't seem to get many of those. Last but not least, my first reale, my first 1700s coin period. What a blessed way to enter that time frame. The area I hunt is colonial also, makes me wonder if the troops would have been carrying a 1784 silver coin, or if it was someone else. It is old even to the civil war generation. Thanks for looking. Good luck.

T2SE, G2+, Mxt All Pro, A.T. Pro, A.T. Gold, TRX pinpointer, Garrett A.T. pinpointer, and a lot of determination......

Re: Reales, lead, brass and copper
Posted by: ironman200081
Date: June 12, 2017 07:50AM
Good maul! Love that reale.

Bryan in Missouri
"MidMoTreasure" on Youtube
www.midmolawyer.com

Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: June 12, 2017 09:38AM
Nice finds buddy.

From The Great Appalachian Valley F19 T2se G2 BIG BOX TDI CZ-3D XLT Pro pointer

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: June 12, 2017 11:27AM
Nice assortment---thanks for sharing.

Date: June 12, 2017 10:56PM
Thanks you guys, glad to show ya, love to talk about the items were after for what they represent, not what their worth monetarily. Everytime I dig a relic, I think about who lost it and why, or how, realizing I'm looking around seeing what they were seeing, from a long time ago, the people who made us what we are. That's the addiction. Our small way of being a part of it, long after the fact. Priceless........

T2SE, G2+, Mxt All Pro, A.T. Pro, A.T. Gold, TRX pinpointer, Garrett A.T. pinpointer, and a lot of determination......

Posted by: Cajuncoinhunter
Date: June 14, 2017 02:56PM
I would say that its a good possibility that a CW soldier could have carried and lost that coin; especially considering the other campsite items you found along with it. Silver was silver back then too and carried $ value as it does today. Reales were regularly cut into "bits" and used as "money", traded for goods or used to gamble with around campsites too. It sure could have been from a soldiers belongings. Regardless, its a great 1700s coin find. Congrats.

CCH

Southern Louisiana Metal Detecting
Findmall Civil War Forum - Moderator
Whites, Fisher & Minelab Metal Detectors

Date: June 15, 2017 09:17PM
Thanks for the info CCH, I've learned a lot on here from you all. Appreciate it.....

Posted by: Cajuncoinhunter
Date: June 19, 2017 01:31PM
Here's one I found several years ago on a CW battlefield in LA. It looks a whole lot better in the picture than in person as it has several scratches, dings and punch marks on the face and reverse that you cannot see from this iphone picture. I also carried it in my pocket for a long time for good luck (still do but in a holder) and that kinda shined it up a bit by chance. Just what I do. CCH

Southern Louisiana Metal Detecting
Findmall Civil War Forum - Moderator
Whites, Fisher & Minelab Metal Detectors

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2017 01:34PM by Cajuncoinhunter.

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: July 11, 2017 05:44PM
congrats on the reale!

Posted by: TerryEastTexas
Date: July 11, 2017 10:52PM
Good finds. That silver sure is sweet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login