Findmall.com

Civil War Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Hiking with the Wife
Posted by: ironman200081
Date: July 12, 2017 06:18PM
I finally got around to doing a Civil War relic only hunt. This time of year, most of the fields are not huntable, but I went to the woods with my wife and we found it to be not completely overgrown (other than some bloodthirsty blackberry bushes that were the embodiment of pure evil). We hiked 1.5 miles to our site and I was sporting my CTX-3030 in my hiking pack along with the Anderson travel shaft (see my review in the CTX forum). The air was hot and the finds were sparse, but we did manage to uncover a few relics. We were searching a Price campaign battle site for overshots from the battle. She is pretty awesome to go treasure hunting with me.

video: https://youtu.be/ydVAe47UU3o

Bryan in Missouri
"MidMoTreasure" on Youtube
www.midmolawyer.com

Re: Hiking with the Wife
Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: July 12, 2017 07:49PM
Cool finds buddy. HH

From The Great Appalachian Valley F19 T2se G2 BIG BOX TDI CZ-3D XLT Pro pointer

Posted by: Cajuncoinhunter
Date: July 13, 2017 07:19AM
I think that was a pretty good hunt. Too hot here, too much humidity and too much rain. WOW . lol. CCH

Southern Louisiana Metal Detecting
Findmall Civil War Forum - Moderator
Whites, Fisher & Minelab Metal Detectors

Posted by: timwied
Date: July 15, 2017 12:10PM
That's awesome! My wife never goes out with me. She does like to see what I've found! She'd rather go shopping where it's air conditioned!

Fisher F4, Garrett Pro Pinpointer Pro AT,Started Detecting December 31, 2013, Oldest 2014 - 1861 Seated Liberty Dime. 2015: 1863 & 1864 Indian Head Cents, 1 foot apart. 2016: 1700's Chinese Cash Coin & Fatty, no date, 1860-1864 Indian Head Cent, Two 52 caliber ringtail sharps Confederate Bullets, and 4 pistol balls in the same hole. Two Union Bullets, one is 58 caliber Williams Cleaner. 2017: 1863 Indian Head Cent, U.S. Civil War Waist Plate (Buckle), Sterling U.S. Collar Pin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login