Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
V3.1 is now available . . . . Read for Options (V2.0 >> V3.1 or V3.0 >> V3.1)
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: July 05, 2013 02:00PM
XP has released the V3.1 package to address some issues / functionality:

1) Navigation Instructions: This applied to specific language packs and has no impact on operation of the unit

2) Audio Response: The response to some targets at some settings in V3.0 came through as clipped and not like what users were accustomed to in V2.0. This has been corrected

3) GB in Non-Motion Modes: The adjustment speed has been corrected (no impact on operation of the unit)

4) Mineralization Scale Display: A change was made to provide a better indication of mineralization in the area - this is the vertical bar on the right side of the screen

5) Frequency Display on Headphones: Following installation of V3.0, headphones did not always indicate the frequency selected - this was corrected

6) Headphone Audio Volume: The volume set is now saved when the unit is powered down

7) Beach Mode GB: An issue when adjustments were being made when Beach = Yes was selected was found and corrrected . . . . improves performance in wet sand

====================================
INSTALLATION METHOD

Remember, that any changes that XP makes to the software is stored on their server and uses the installation program that is what you have on your computer as the conduit between XP's servers and your Deus.

You do NOT have to download the installation file again. Simply start up the DEUS UPDATE application on your computer and follow the directions. You will now see V3.1 and V2.0 in the drop down menu. Click on V3.1 and follow the instructions - coils first, then headphones ONE AT A TIME . . . then go out and dig stuff up :biggrin:

If you have not upgraded yet, simply download the installer file and select V3.1 from the choices provided

=====================================

Additional details on the V3.1 package and the link to download the V3.1 file IF YOU HAVE NOT INSTALLED V3.1 YET are available here:

Deus V3.1 Information & Link for Update Package (for use if you have not already updated your Deus)

======================================

If anyone has any questions or issues on the installation, feel free to post them or contact me and I will try to answer them or get them addressed

Andy

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2013 02:13PM by Andy Sabisch.

Re: V3.1 is now available . . . . Read for Options (V2.0 >> V3.1 or V3.0 >> V3.1)
Posted by: berryrifter
Date: July 05, 2013 03:17PM
Checked a Merc with 3.0 and then 3.1 in a few different programs, in my opinion the sound is clearer. Also glad they set the headphone volume back the way it was, so I don't have to adjust it anymore

Re: V3.1 is now available . . . . Read for Options (V2.0 >> V3.1 or V3.0 >> V3.1)
Posted by: Henrikras
Date: July 05, 2013 03:18PM
Thanks Andy...You are doing some great job.. :thumbup:

Posted by: hoarder
Date: July 05, 2013 03:50PM
hi andy,
typical isn`t it i went out today with version 3.0 and spent 8 hours in the heat getting friendly with my deus

i only dug 1 piece of iron all day and my friend who is still on v2 said he would also have dug it

then i came home to find version 3.1 was available :surprised:

i now will have to get everything updated and ready for sundays trip out

many thanks for all your hard work with regards to this update,much appreciatted by all

Posted by: rks1040
Date: July 07, 2013 11:47AM
Will I loose my "custom programs" I have down loaded, by installing the update? I think I read that in one of Andy's post?

Posted by: Finder82
Date: July 07, 2013 12:19PM
rks1040
Will I loose my "custom programs" I have down loaded, by installing the update? I think I read that in one of Andy's post?

Yes you will lose them, so be sure to write them down.

Xp Deus.
Makro racer pro pack.
Makro racer 2 pro pack.
Garrett pro-pointer.

Oldest coin: Gotland skilling minted in 1523.

Oldest relic: Half of Bronze comb, late iron age.

Posted by: hoarder
Date: July 07, 2013 12:52PM
well i went on a club dig today (here in england) with v3.1 on board and a few custom programs to check out

1st of all i did not dig any false iron signals as it was clearly sounding off as iron (although i did dig a couple to make sure all was well)

everything worked as it should and i am more than pleased with my deus v3.1 performance today

the only downside is that the site was not the best producing one i have visited ,so not many keepers

that was the same for the other 18 club members all using a variety of detectors

all in all v3.1 has performed as it should and has addressed the problems we were experiencing with iron sounding off as a good signal

:cheekkiss:well done to alain and his tech men for sorting it all out so quickly

Date: July 07, 2013 03:36PM
I noticed that after down loading V3.1 and RE INSTALLING my custom programs,one program has a different TID reading on a nickel (35?) instead of the normal 62-3? The other two custom programs are IDing the nickel,with the correct TID numbers. I have NORM ID YES activated? It only does this in this one program, any ideas? Ron

Date: July 07, 2013 06:48PM
Well after a short hunt at my local high school,using V3.1 I've found I should have left well enough alone!:rage: The TID numbers don't corospond to the actual targets,the machine is very unstable after ground balancing it 3-4 times,(still not right). Now I need to go back in and "Hopefully be able to do a factory reset,and get the orginal V3 program that came installed on it! If the sounds in V3.1 are improved,I'd hate to hear the bad ones!:ranting:

Date: July 07, 2013 10:38PM
XP needs to have the clean V3 program in the drop down box also. Not just the V2 and V3.1! Not everyone is going to be happy with the V2 tones. I know I wish I haden't down loaded it now,because I was used to the different tones,and don't really like the V2 tones! I did another install of V3.1 and everything is running as it's supposed to,but the tones suck,and it appears that there is no way to get the factory V3 tones back!:thumbdown:

Posted by: Diggin-it
Date: July 08, 2013 05:39AM
I installed V3.1 and have hunted with it, no issues to report.

When in doubt Dig it!

Date: July 08, 2013 06:23AM
Diggin-it
I installed V3.1 and have hunted with it, no issues to report.
Yes I installed it again,and it cleared things up!:thumbup: I'm still not sold on the tones that are supposed to sound like V2 (I've never ran V2) My Machine came with V3.0 installed from the factory. You hear of all the little bugs in V3,but my machine didn't have any of them? It ran perfectly,and had (in my opinion) great tones. XP need to include a CD with each machine,as a back up,to add,or remove certain things in the program. Just like your PC!:thumbup: You should have a option of the using the V2 tones,or the V3.0 tones,as the V3.1 and V2 tones are supposed to be the same?

Date: July 16, 2013 07:48PM
I've been using V3.1 for over a week now,and everything is fine!:thumbup: I think I might have had a bad connection with the first attempt at downloading V3.1? The Deus is a coin hound!:yo:

Posted by: oneill
Date: July 24, 2013 04:28AM
Hi Andy this link does not open, I have tried it a dozen times without success.I have the update for V3.0 and you advised me to update it again for the V3.1 will it chose that version automatically.? and I only have to use the single cable in order to update ,do I have to plug that into each item or not? I dont want to do anything which might damage my PC.

Posted by: Deusdigger
Date: July 25, 2013 08:21PM
oneill
Hi Andy this link does not open, I have tried it a dozen times without success.I have the update for V3.0 and you advised me to update it again for the V3.1 will it chose that version automatically.? and I only have to use the single cable in order to update ,do I have to plug that into each item or not? I dont want to do anything which might damage my PC.

Use only the single cable in order to update and follow the prompts on the update.

I use what works.

My posts are of my opinion only and I do not represent any other persons or organization of any kind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login