Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Future Proposed Update / Feature "Wish List" Collection . . . . .
Posted by: Xergix
Date: September 28, 2013 12:12PM
In the XY mode, move the value of tid, to the left of the screen, because to the right it is often covered by good signals, and enlarge the numbers...do not always have it with me glasses ...:unsure:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2013 12:15PM by Xergix.

Posted by: DaveV3i
Date: October 03, 2013 07:00AM
I can think of one thing important, every time we download a new update try to keep all the preloaded programs so we don't have to redo it every time it's a great machine I love it :)!

DaveHeb

Posted by: shadowman
Date: October 07, 2013 01:53PM
On future control housing make them waterproof.

Posted by: Detectojer
Date: October 19, 2013 01:35PM
Add 2 or 3 inch's to the lower shaft for us tall guys.

Posted by: biggziff
Date: October 19, 2013 06:24PM
shadowman
On future control housing make them waterproof.

I was told there is a kit coming to make it waterproof/usable in water. Dunno if it's true or not, but it would make sense.

Posted by: Ism
Date: October 21, 2013 04:11AM
Andy's book in every new model sold.

Posted by: rarysgaard
Date: October 23, 2013 06:29PM
Still tops on my wish list is a 6" sniper coil. I still see a need for it in high trash areas despite the fast re-set currently in place.

Posted by: Foot hill
Date: November 06, 2013 03:09AM
Ground balance all programs from any program.
I do switch several programs through my hunts and it takes some time to GB all of my frequently used programs.
Then as I move into different area I e got to "tweek" each of them again.
Ground balance should balance ALL programs! Right?

Also I'd love to "hide" certain factory programs that seldom if ever get used (to keep my thumb from wearing out faster than it is)
We could have our program menu
Then, configure OUR custom "hunt" program menu.

I really do love this machine and its versatility!
Thanks for listening

Posted by: DaveV3i
Date: December 03, 2013 06:21AM
Need a high pitch for silver.

DaveHeb

Posted by: Jeff in Pa
Date: December 03, 2013 07:52AM
I would like to be able to connect my control box to a PC and make changes their, including the ability to move any of the users programs to whatever slot he or she desires. Right now when you want to create a new program similar to another and if you want to place it next to a certain other one you need to move all of them over one slot, this creates alot more work.

DEUS

Posted by: pjroo3
Date: December 03, 2013 02:04PM
Most people will disagree with me on this one but I would like to have the ability to silence the detector on shallow targets. I know a lot of good targets are within the first couple of inches, but at many of my really historic sites, the majority of my keepers are 4" plus. I would like to either silence the shallow targets or have tone differences (i.e. low tone for shallow targets and high tone for deep non ferrous targets).

My second wish is that the Deus would be MAC compatible.

Posted by: EdwardH
Date: December 09, 2013 03:57PM
XP has done an outstanding job with the XP Deus making it one of the best detectors on the market and it is my go to detector. Some of the most common complaints are unstable vdi #'s (the tone is perfect..though) and not being able to get that same outstanding performance that were used to with it in the highly mineralized areas such as wet sand/shallow water on a saltwater beach.... also get a little more depth too. Now dont get me wrong these issues are not that bad so im not saying it is poor in those areas at all, it could just use improvement. Im no metal detector designer or engineer so I could be completely wrong but if the next version out 4.0 lets us have a mode where we can use all 4 of the frequencies at the same time - (true multi-frequency detector) I feel this issue would be greatly improved. It might not perfect these 3 issues but I do think it would make them better.:thumbup:

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: December 11, 2013 10:23AM
To be honest there is not much I can see that needs to be changed except for one thing ,
I have always found the tones on the XP's to be buzzy and have since I started detecting used Minelab FBS machines . So why not have E.Trac tones or at least half a dozen of them ? I find the fluty tones of the ET for better for identifying a target . That's all I can think of really .
That would complete the perfect package .

Posted by: CZconnoisseur
Date: December 16, 2013 09:46AM
OK guys I'm a noob when it comes to the Deus, I only have 3-4hours swing time on it...but one thing I thought that may be helpful in some areas is the ability to use dual freqs at once like the CZ detectors do. This would likely not be an upgradeable feature, and would severely impact battery life as well, but the benefits would be better target ID. Some aluminum (especially pencil eraser holders) has a "bouncy" ID while using the CZ detector which is an almost dead giveaway since it indicates "round pulltab" in 5kHz and "nickel" in 15 kHz.

I know the short answer to this is simply change freqs with the press of a button, but time is more valuable for some than others and the more time spent LOOKING for targets rather than IDing them may result in that one or two more good targets per hunt if this was a possibility. Bottlecaps would almost always be user-rejected since they have similar values no matter what freq you are using. Silver coins have a subtle variation b/t 8 and 18 kHz, as well as other targets but nickels look like pulltabs almost all the time! I don't mind that really - I'm used to digging mid and high tones anyway from my detecting history...just thought Id throw that out there for you guys!!! HH

Posted by: rarysgaard
Date: December 19, 2013 07:48PM
I am still holding out for a 6' sniper coil. I still believe it would be an absolute killer in junk infested parks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login