Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Future Proposed Update / Feature "Wish List" Collection . . . . .
Posted by: DukeOBass
Date: May 30, 2014 11:12AM
I had acrually been thinking, why don't the major detector manufacturers use smartphone capabilities to link to their machines.

:usaa: Military Veteran :usaa:

:ukflag: XP Deus :minelab: Excalibur 1000

Oldest Coin: 1773 George III Copper

Oldest US Coin: 1798 Draped Bust Large Cent

Oldest Silver: 1790 Carolus IV 1/2 Reale

Oldest US Silver: 1857 Seated Liberty Half Dime

Posted by: beepsilver
Date: June 01, 2014 12:16PM
Another suggestion would be to add an inversion tool to the config screen. Instead of black letters/numbers with clear background, allow it to be reversible. This might be beneficial to the visually impaired, or perhaps would be a better option in certain lighting conditions.

Posted by: WestTn
Date: June 01, 2014 04:15PM
I would like to see incremental adjustment capability to the Reactivity settings. Similar to the new lower end discrimination functions that were added in version 3.x where you could discriminate at 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, etc. I want to have the ability to find tune the reactivity, especially just above 3 to provide 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and so on. For me, the jump from reactivity 3 to reactivity 4 is huge and the sounds are very clipped at 4, so being able to go just slightly higher than 3 would be great during to times that I need it.

Date: June 13, 2014 12:10PM
Another suggestion: Enable the +/- buttons to change freq while in the XY screen.

Posted by: TabWhisperer
Date: June 16, 2014 03:12PM
A WS4 headphone adapter for 1/4" plugs instead of the 3.5mm/18" size that maybe also included a clip to attache it to clothing.

TDI SL, Whites XL Pro w/tone mods, Teknetics Mark 1, IDX w/Bills mods, Makro Racer

Date: June 30, 2014 09:19AM
Allow Non-Motion mode selection and settings to be saved with custom programs.

Posted by: martygene
Date: July 09, 2014 09:36AM
This probably already been mentioned but how about a computer program ( like the Minelab Exchange2) where we can save all settings, both factory and our custom settings, to our computer so that when we do firmware or software updates we don't lose our custom programs. taking it one step further why not be able to make the custom programs on the computer and transfer them to the Deus.

Posted by: chacuff
Date: July 09, 2014 11:07AM
The Deus is a great machine...a real game changer for sure.

My biggest complaint right now is that the buttons don't protrude further through the front panel of the controller. I would love to see a new keypad overlay that moved the buttons out a bit. I feel like I am having to push through a hole to actuate the control. Gloves only make it worse.

Another thought...how about a USB dongle for a laptop running a PC app that would allow it to communicate with all the wireless devices to load/save programs, run user diagnostics and make configuration changes through a graphical user interface while sitting on the couch.

It's a great machine guys...keep up the good work....and Andy....great book. Very helpful!

Cecil

Posted by: Sleepyjim
Date: July 09, 2014 03:04PM
How about XP reading these and implementing some/most???

Deus Baby!
Gold Coin Club!

Date: July 09, 2014 06:15PM
Cecil--go to the hardware store and get some clear round rubber adhesive bumpers used for doors/cabinests, etcs. Stick 'em on your buttons...works like a charm.

Posted by: canman678
Date: July 16, 2014 10:52PM
Ability to save your programs to your computer before making an update. The way you can do with a phone like the Iphone.

E-Trac w/x-l sunray and 6x8 SEF

Posted by: dktucson
Date: July 22, 2014 09:32AM
Has there been any feed back from the Deus people on any upgrades on some of the input in this section. Would be nice to know if they read any of these, would be nice because the Am. market has been very good to them, Deus I mean, just my thoughts but would be interesting to know if any follow up on some of the upgrades will happen and when

Xp and the forums
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: July 25, 2014 11:44PM
XP does in fact read the suggestions but like other manufacturers, does not post on the forums as they do not have the time or resources to get pulled into responding to a myriad of questions.

While the US market has added to the distribution of the Deus, the non-US market is the majority share of the XP sales especially considering that there are other models which are not sold here. XP is not ignoring the US but realize that some of the challenges we have here are unique and hence would require a focused change that is only applicable to a small portion of the market.

They are listening but there are limitations in terms of what can be done with software and what needs a hardware update (which can't be free)

Andy

Re: Xp and the forums
Posted by: Kronos
Date: July 26, 2014 09:50PM
What other models in the wireless variety are there? Even though it's a small market money is money. Is the difference because Europe has been blown up twenty times from Tuesday vs America that has only seen a couple wars?

XP Detectors
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: July 26, 2014 10:00PM
XP has other models in their line which are not available in the US.

They are:

• ADX 150
  • Adventis 2
  • G-Maxx 2
  • Gold Maxx Power
  • Deus

While not wireless as the Deus is, the other models have wireless capabilities in the headphones. There are other products under development at all times as is the case with most manufacturers. The other detectors are popular in Europe, the UK and other locations where FCC regulations have not restricted importing them.

XP is always looking at ways to improve what they build and get the input from many sources including forums. But taking the time to respond to every thread would require a full-time person just to keep even.

Andy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login