Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Future Proposed Update / Feature "Wish List" Collection . . . . .
Posted by: Ism
Date: September 29, 2014 05:17PM
doberman
I would like to see a an SD card slot (micro SD) to be able to expand memory and store programs - updates and other info - which detector company is going to be the first to ad one?

Smart idea Doberman.

Posted by: Kronos
Date: September 29, 2014 05:19PM
Andy Sabisch
Remember that NOTCH is different on the Deus and is not affecting performance - it simply eliminates the audio as you were requesting . . . . give it a try

Andy

Hi Andy! I've actually noticed a chopped signal like the other detectors when I have the notch set to descrim certain targets out. Then when I remove notch I get a clean and clear signal. So now when I set my notch I set it far lower than what I want to in order to pick up desirable targets. Got any tips?
Coil to the soil
ALOHA

Posted by: Ism
Date: September 30, 2014 08:42AM
Kronos, wrong area for this question but I will answer what I think you are experiencing.

The notch function has a width of 8 points (if I remember correctly). So when you set the notch to a specific value, it is fuzzy 4 points above and 4 points below your setting.
Say you set the notch at 80, you may notch targets from 76 to 84. They might not completely notch out but will give you the broken signal you are experiencing.

Even when you set the notch wide (8 points or more), the targets next to the notched value will often be a broken signal.
That's partially because the TID is not always solid but actually swings a point or two in either direction.
The TID value you see on the screen is an average of what the processor sees.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2014 08:46AM by Ism.

Posted by: Kronos
Date: September 30, 2014 06:07PM
Sorry about my misplaced question. That seems to be the case. Thank you very much for your time and attention.

Posted by: CO_T\Huntr
Date: October 09, 2014 01:59PM
I think it would be great if you could bias the "Tracking" GB setting a little
positive or negative, seems it would be fairly easy to incorporate...........

Posted by: rexy
Date: October 13, 2014 11:46AM
How about a 2 BOX addition, like the garrett GTI 2500. That would be good idea on treasure hunting.
Also, maybe 3 Pulse Induction addition. High timing for gold, mid timing for relics and deep objects, and low-mid for beach hunting.

Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: October 20, 2014 08:21PM
The 2-Box attachment is in the final stages and will be released - photos are in my book.

As far as Pulse Induction - can't happen with teh coil windings that are used in the Double-D coil with the Deus.

Andy

Posted by: ColonelDan
Date: October 27, 2014 01:36PM
Living in Florida, we contend with daily afternoon showers when in our normal cycle and many of us are big beach and shallow water hunters. I'd therefore very much like a truly water proof control box and headphones. Sarl at XP HQs replied to my email saying the waterproof control box was on their "to do" list" Another idea along those same waterproof lines would be to somehow use the shaft as the antenna vehicle to the control box rather than a separate wire as is the current design.

I too would like the depth indicator to be numerical.

One last suggestion would be a padded soft side or hard side case that meets airline carry on size regulations.

I haven't used the Deus enough to have other functionality suggestions....that will come later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2014 01:38PM by ColonelDan.

Posted by: ecoast
Date: October 27, 2014 03:49PM
headphones are waterproof

look @ 1:00

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fsNaymy78M

put the control in your pocket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2014 03:50PM by ecoast.

Posted by: dign-nbama
Date: October 28, 2014 07:14PM
Kronos
How about a narrow coil version? 5"x8" DD or 12"x6" DD for tight spot hunting and cane field hunting
Happy Hunting
ALOHA
I've been reading thru the post and my vote lands here,,, or some version of a small DD coil... HH :detecting:

Posted by: squirrel1
Date: October 30, 2014 07:05PM
Allow deus to be configured with zero tone meaning no tone thru the disc menu, Also allow deus to have a non default setting that allows users to save current settings before they shut machine down or maybe have it where deus when powered on starts where it was when it was shut down. I believe a fisher F75 does this. Audible coil battery low warning wouldn't be bad, say when 80% discharged roughly.

Posted by: beepsilver
Date: October 30, 2014 08:07PM
Some locations have terrible EMI and it becomes worse when the detector is set down; how about an ability to mute the sound to give the ears a break when you're digging.

Posted by: spinman1025
Date: November 05, 2014 02:17PM
When is there going to be another update ? 3,2 is the one I have now.

Posted by: CZconnoisseur
Date: November 05, 2014 05:33PM
spinman1025
When is there going to be another update ? 3,2 is the one I have now.

Beleive me when I say the entire planet awaits the next major step from XP!!! :bouncy:

Tokens 16
Wheats 138
Indians 52
V Nickels 8
Buffalo Nickels 7
War Nickels 6
Seated Dimes 4
Barber Dimes 8
Mercury Dimes 23
Canada Vicky Dimes 1
Rosie Dimes 8
Seated Quarters 1
Barber Quarters 2
Standing Quarters 1
Washington Quarters 1
Walker Halves 1
Barber Halves 1
Silver Jewelry 7
Gold Jewelry 1

As the Master in the Kung-Fu series used to say . . . . .
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: November 05, 2014 08:58PM

Be rest assured that Alain and his team are working on the Deus and raising the bar that they have already set pretty darn high . . . . . . but as another famous saying goes . . . .

They will not release the software until it has been tested, tested and tested again so that there are no surpise bugs

Still have to admit the update function is pretty amazing when XP could just as easily sold a Deus II with the new options . . . . .

Andy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login