Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
The new 11 inch coil . . . . . some details
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: October 03, 2013 09:17PM
As one has seen, the hot topic on all of the forums of late seems to be the new 11" coil for the Deus and as posts from overseas have attested, the demand will surpass the supply for some time. XP is working on filling orders but there are just so many that can be made while maintaining the quality standards that Alain has established for anything that bears the XP logo.

The new coil has seen some use overseas and amazing finds have been made with the coil in areas that have been hunted previously.

The new coil fits between the stock 9 inch coil and the larger 11"x13" coil . . . . here is a photo of all three from Gary's Detecting in the U.K.

Here in the U.S., a few people have had the opportunity to run it through its paces and teh results have been quite impressive. A few threads showing the results are here on Findmall . . . .

Andy Sabisch's test results

Terry Stineback's test results

A more in-depth product report is on the way and will be posted on the XP America's website shortly.

Alain and his team have spent a good deal of time designing this accessory and it is not simply a different sized coil . . . . a good deal of effort went into the design both internally as well as in the construction itself. Surprisingly, the weight of the coil - despite being 2 inches larger than the stock coil - is only a few ounces more than the 9" coil. Other design features in the coil produce increased detection depth even on coin-sized targets and as one knows, if you are in a site where depth is king, an additional inch can often reopen sites others (including yourself) have written off as being worked out.

So as additional reports come in on the new coil, I think the consensus will be that XP has "hit another one out of the park" with the 11" coil design both in terms of weight and performance.

Check with your local Deus dealer to see what the waiting list looks like . . . get your name down if you want one before the white stuff starts to fly if your area is affected by the weather.

One more thing . . . . XP Americas is offering a $50 voucher for accessories when you purchase an 11" coil between now and the end of the year so yet another reason to pick one up!

If there are any specific questions you might have on the new coil, feel free to post them or send me a message . . . I will be happy to try and answer them

Andy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2013 10:10PM by Andy Sabisch.

News will be posted this week . . . . availability will be tight
Date: September 30, 2013 06:43PM
As those in Europe and the UK have reported, supplies will fall short of demand for this coil initially . . . . it will be a game changer and really showcase what the Deus is capable of finding . . . . stay tuned . . . .

Andy

Re: any new news on that 11" coil how soon to arrive and price?
Posted by: Hauptmann aD
Date: October 02, 2013 06:32AM
About delivery time - it seems, the preorders will be handled in the beginning of next week here in Germany.
Other interested people may need some more patience to get the needs satisfied.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Re: any new news on that 11" coil how soon to arrive and price?
Posted by: DaveV3i
Date: October 02, 2013 07:47AM
Thanks so excited:)!

DaveHeb

11 inclh coil pricing and availability
Date: October 03, 2013 05:26AM
The new coils are on the way to the US but ion limited supply as has been the case worldwide . . . as I mentioned in the report on the coil, supply will be in high demand for some time based on what it can do and the slight increase in weight compared to the stock coil.

The list price is $549 and the MAP is $499 . . . . . your dealer will set the price between those two points.

Pre-orders are being taken so if you are interested in one, I'd suggest getting your name on the list as they will be going fast.

There will be a report on the coil posted on the XP America's site this week with more details on the coil design and in-field performance if you are on the fence. Remember, you are getting another detector with the addtion of a shaft assembly

Andy

Re: The new 11 inch coil . . . . . some details
Posted by: luke
Date: October 17, 2013 02:14PM
I recieved the new 11 inch coil last week. I have used it twice (shortly). This weekend I hope i have some more time. The weight is o.k. There is no much difference compared to the standard coil.

Henk ("Luke") from the Netherlands

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2013 02:25PM by luke.

Re: The new 11 inch coil
Posted by: dktucson
Date: October 22, 2013 02:59PM
Has any body heard any up date on when they are arriving. If it;s after the ist of the year you loose the 50 dollar gift certificate. I'm counting on that for a few items I need

The new 11 inch coils have arrived
Date: October 22, 2013 07:32PM
The first shipment has arrived although quantities are VERY limited and back orders will likely exist for some time. The orders are being filled as the names came in for the coil when it was first announced that they were on the way.

Looking forward to seeing some of the reports of what people are finding when they start using them

Andy

Andy & Charlene Sabisch
Treasure Hunting Outfitters
http://www.TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com

Findmall Sponsor

Carrying XP, Minelab, Garrett, Fisher, Teknetics, DetectorPro, Whites, Nokta and Makro detectors as well as detecting / prospecting accessories

"Service and support before and more importantly, after the sale"

Posted by: newuser
Date: October 23, 2013 02:21AM
Thanks for the update.

Thats a crazy price for a coil
Posted by: bugg
Date: October 24, 2013 06:57PM
The quality is great on the deus, but maybe the factory needs to move out of France, and find a more business friendly country to produce their product. They will price themselves out of the market. With the tax rates in France sky high, It makes sense the prices are so high.

Re: Thats a crazy price for a coil
Date: October 24, 2013 07:12PM
bugg
The quality is great on the deus, but maybe the factory needs to move out of France, and find a more business friendly country to produce their product. They will price themselves out of the market. With the tax rates in France sky high, It makes sense the prices are so high.

Bugg

Not sure if you own a Deus or understand the concept of the coil being the brains of the detector but actually that is pretty reasonable when you realize that all you need to do is add a shaft and you have in essence two seperate detectors using the Deus technology.

In fact the 17" Minelab CTX 3030 coil - which does nothing unless connected to the electronics - lists for $520 and even the small 6" coil lists for $390. If you really want sticker shock, check out the coils - factory and others - for the GPX line - they have options pushing well past the $600 mark!

I have my 9" coil on a spare rod and have been out with friends and simply handed them the shaft assembly with the headphones and they were off . . .and then I used the 11" with the control unit and did my thing . . . . the fact that the coil is where the processing takes place is unique to detectors and hence the price tag.

Being located in France has nothing to do with the price of the coil or any of their other items . . . . .

But in the end, you have to decise what you want to spend and what you don't . . . . everyone has options

Andy

excellent points Andy!N/T
Posted by: bugg
Date: October 24, 2013 10:21PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Hauptmann aD
Date: October 25, 2013 04:29AM
Received mine shortly before a one week vacation on the North German island of R

Posted by: biggziff
Date: October 25, 2013 06:12AM
Hauptmann aD
Received mine shortly before a one week vacation on the North German island of R

Posted by: biggziff
Date: October 25, 2013 05:48PM
I read this on another forum in an article specific to the Deus. Can anyone who has used the 11" coil provide feedback as to it's truth or not?

NOTE 2: The coil wiggling technique is only effective with a stock 9-inch search coil. A larger coil (11-inch or 13" x 11") may not be able to isolate a good signal from a bad one in most cases because the large coil may simultaneously detect both a target in focus and other targets nearby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login