Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: The new 11 inch coil . . . . . some details
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: October 25, 2013 05:58PM
Not sure if you are asking about identifying battle caps or pinpoint targets . . . . but if you mean pinpointing targets, unless I am relic hunting and precise pinpointing is not a must, I prefer to switch to the pinpoint mode and zero in on the target that way. If you prefer the wiggle to pinpoint targets, it will work on the larget coil but yes, common sense woul dtell you that if you are pulling the coil back / pushing it forward that you will wind up with multiple targets under the coil at the same time and it will be harder to seperate one from the other. Hence, switching to the non-moton pinpoint; i.e., Audio Disc, helps seperate targets in close proximity to one another even on a larger coil

If you are aksing about the technique that one poster has made about identifying bottle caps by pulling the coil off the target, the 11 inch coil will not do that based on testing over the past few days

Does this answer your question?

Andy

Posted by: biggziff
Date: October 25, 2013 06:01PM
Andy Sabisch
Not sure if you are asking about identifying battle caps or pinpoint targets . . . . but if you mean pinpointing targets, unless I am relic hunting and precise pinpointing is not a must, I prefer to switch to the pinpoint mode and zero in on the target that way. If you prefer the wiggle to pinpoint targets, it will work on the larget coil but yes, common sense woul dtell you that if you are pulling the coil back / pushing it forward that you will wind up with multiple targets under the coil at the same time and it will be harder to seperate one from the other. Hence, switching to the non-moton pinpoint; i.e., Audio Disc, helps seperate targets in close proximity to one another even on a larger coil

If you are aksing about the technique that one poster has made about identifying bottle caps by pulling the coil off the target, the 11 inch coil will not do that based on testing over the past few days

Does this answer your question?

Andy

Andy, thanks for the reply. Here's the link to the information I posted. I think they're discussing pinpointing, but I'm not sure.

http://www.######.com/xp_deus_coil_wiggling_technique.shtml

Posted by: samandnoah
Date: October 25, 2013 06:04PM
biggziff--

Can't speak to the new 11", but I have that issue even with the 9" coil in some of the very trashy parks I hunt. And the pinpoint function is not very effective in those situations, too. If I've got targets that close under the coil I tend to 1) bump up the reactivity if needed, and 2) really slow the swing down to teeny movements and then isolate it by finding it in one direction, and then turning 90 degrees and doing it again. You can get pretty darn close if not spot on by listening very carefully.

Rich

Date: October 25, 2013 06:06PM
samandnoah
biggziff--

Can't speak to the new 11", but I have that issue even with the 9" coil in some of the very trashy parks I hunt. And the pinpoint function is not very effective in those situations, too. If I've got targets that close under the coil I tend to 1) bump up the reactivity if needed, and 2) really slow the swing down to teeny movements and then isolate it by finding it in one direction, and then turning 90 degrees and doing it again. You can get pretty darn close if not spot on by listening very carefully.

Rich

Rich,

If you are not finding the pinpoint function effective it sounds like you have not adjusted the pinpoint mode correctly . . . . it is touchy but set correctly, it works like a champ

Andy

Re: Andy what do you by adjusting the pinpoint mode correctly?N/T
Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: October 25, 2013 06:59PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Hauptmann aD
Date: October 28, 2013 08:12AM
I still prefer an external pinpointer, since I have to go down anyway to recover the target from the ground.

I liked the large coil due to its coverage, and I like the medium coil for the same fact over the small one - and on top its much easier to swing around for a longer time than the large one.
So yes, I do not regret to have it purchased. If anything, I still don't really know the place of the large coil in my future DEUS usage concepts.

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Posted by: samandnoah
Date: October 28, 2013 08:34AM
Andy --

I'll follow up on the pinpointing question/issue in a different thread so we don't hijack this thread!

Regarding the new 11" coil, does using it result in any different vdi? Are there any other coil specific (as opposed to site specific) adjustments you find yourself making to your standard programs? Or is it all calibrated to give you similar results to what one sees with the standard 9" coil?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted by: Hauptmann aD
Date: October 29, 2013 06:59AM
I used the same programs for the small and medium coil without any remarkable negative or positive effects.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Posted by: dktucson
Date: November 06, 2013 07:54AM
As far as I'm concerned the 11 inch coil works great. I used it to check out some local parks and with id norm turned on was able to pull a lot of clad out of areas I had hunted before. Pin point worked great and I liked the coverage with the 11 inch coil all in all it's a winner

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: December 07, 2013 03:22PM
I shall be getting my new 11in coil on Monday , too late for use tomorrow but will at a later date.

Posted by: girbaciu
Date: February 08, 2014 02:18PM
hi , i am girbaciu from romania , i've sent an mail message to xp fabrik to ask them is in tkis year they will release a new coil for xp deus as they have a very large coil for xp adventis , xp gold max etc . they reply that this year will be new things from xp '' P.S : de tr

Posted by: DukeOBass
Date: February 08, 2014 04:39PM
Translation: "Very many surprises await you this year at our side."

That's sound GREAT to me!

:usaa: Military Veteran :usaa:

:ukflag: XP Deus :minelab: Excalibur 1000

Oldest Coin: 1773 George III Copper

Oldest US Coin: 1798 Draped Bust Large Cent

Oldest Silver: 1790 Carolus IV 1/2 Reale

Oldest US Silver: 1857 Seated Liberty Half Dime

Posted by: falconman515
Date: April 23, 2014 07:59PM
So how much weight is added with this 11" coil vs. the 9" coil?

Does the 11" still make this detector feel balanced and not nose heavy to to know meat behind the coil really?

Date: April 23, 2014 08:22PM
The new 11" coil utilizes some different construction methodfs and materials and as a result is just a few ounces heavier than the 9" coil - barely noticeable. It does not have the balance issue that the 11"x13" coil does based on the mounting point.

Hope this answers your question

Andy

Andy & Charlene Sabisch
Treasure Hunting Outfitters
http://www.TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com

Findmall Sponsor

Carrying XP, Minelab, Garrett, Fisher, Teknetics, DetectorPro, Whites, Nokta and Makro detectors as well as detecting / prospecting accessories

"Service and support before and more importantly, after the sale"

Posted by: DukeOBass
Date: April 23, 2014 08:25PM
I can confirm that it feel very light and well balanced. I have used it for hours without fatigue.

:usaa: Military Veteran :usaa:

:ukflag: XP Deus :minelab: Excalibur 1000

Oldest Coin: 1773 George III Copper

Oldest US Coin: 1798 Draped Bust Large Cent

Oldest Silver: 1790 Carolus IV 1/2 Reale

Oldest US Silver: 1857 Seated Liberty Half Dime

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login