Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
XP Deus Bootcamps . . . . 2015 Dates (July 2015 Update) :thumbup:
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: November 23, 2014 12:19PM
The XP Deus Bootcamps have proven to be great venues for Deus owners (and would-be owners) to really learn the inner workings of the Deus and how to get the most out of the Deus under a wide range of conditions. The combination of hands-on classroom-style instruction combined with the in-field session to help reinforce or clarify some of the techniques that seem to be murky in many cases results in a day that really helps users in the field find more with less frustration.

The sessions already conducted have had extremely positive feedback from those that attended and even the most seasoned attendee picked up some tricks and techniques that have boosted their success in the field for a wide range of applications. We have had relic hunters, coin hunters, beach hunters and even a few prospectors report finds that showed what the Deus is capable of doing. The recent Bootcamp in Amelia, VA was a great example of how a group of diverse hunters all left with the skills to unlock the true potential of the Deus. Jerry Tally, a Civil War relic hunter with 40 years of experience in the field had his Deus a week before attending and two days after he returned home, he called with disbelief at the depth he was making finds in areas that he had hunted for decades. His story has been profiled on the XP Americas website . . . . . Jerry's Relic Hunt.

We have been asked about videotaping the class and the real problem with even attempting to produce a quality video of a Bootcamp is that each one is in fact unique in terms of content. Attendees are asked to provide input weeks before as to what they hunt for, where they hunt, issues they have if they already own one along with a number of other questions. The responses are used to tailor the classroom portion to exactly what people are hoping to get from the class. For example, the focus and challenges that faced those attending the Gulfport, MS were different than those that attended the Amelia, VA session and will be different than those attending future sessions.

The test areas we use in the afternoon session have also been modified so that it is easier to test what we covered earlier in the day.

Class size has been limited so that we can address specific questions and provide one-on-one assistance in the field. We also help develop and load custom programs based on individual needs so attendees can use what we covered as soon as they return home.

In addition to the Bootcamp, there will be finds on display and an area where you can pickup accessories or detecting gear at Bootcamp pricing.

Another change is that dealers will be encouraged to attend so that they can share the knowledge gained with their customers. There will be an evening session for dealers to help show how to demonstrate and dial-in customer's detectors for the type of detecting they will be using it for . . . . the Deus is not a complicated detector from a menu point of view but getting it dialed-in for a specific type of hunting can take time and having dealers at the Bootcamps will help both attendees as well as customers of those dealers that attend. If you are a dealer and are interested in really understanding the Deus, get in touch with us to discuss how you can get involved in one of the upcoming sessions. This will be a form of factory-training that other manufacturers offer and XP Metal Detector Americas will indicate that you have been trained on the XP website. The Dealer Newsletter from XP contains details on the Bootcamp training.

Gulfport, MS

Charlotte, NC

Amelia, VA

Portage, IN

Branford, CT

======================================

2015 DATES & LOCATIONS

Here are the current XP Deus Bootcamp sessions . . . . . . . and more will be added . . . . .

Portage, IN (October 3, 2015): This is a central location and easy access to the Interstates.

Aberdeen, MD (October 24, 2015): Located near between Wilmington, DE and Baltomore, MD, it is a great site with history to conduct a Bootcamp.

===================

Additional dates and locations are being finalized and will be announced soon . . . heading west is on the radar screen but the logistics are more complex than one on the East Coast has proven to be. We are looking forward to meeting all of you that have requested a Bootcamp in you part of the country.

2015 DATES & LOCATIONS

To keep track of openings and locations, be sure to check back here or directly on the XP Deus Bootcamp website (www.XPDeusBootcamp.com)

Andy Sabisch

Andy & Charlene Sabisch
Treasure Hunting Outfitters
http://www.TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com

Findmall Sponsor

Carrying XP, Minelab, Garrett, Fisher, Teknetics, DetectorPro, Whites and Makro detectors as well as detecting / prospecting accessories

If you are looking for a unique gift, be sure to check out our coins, gems, rocks, fossils and relics

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2015 09:34PM by Andy Sabisch.

Re: XP Deus Bootcamps . . . . 2015 Dates and Changes
Posted by: newuser
Date: December 06, 2014 04:50AM
Pretty cool program you started Mr.Sabisch.
Michigan would be a nice place in the spring to come to.

Some examples would be Monroe or New Boston area even Flatrock. Not only are they packed with history, they are located fairly close to the airport in Romulus, Michigan.
Who am I kidding, fact is they are close to where I am at.(Hint,Hint)

Date: January 28, 2015 04:52PM
We are working on several locations and will have them nailed down shortly . . . some format adjustments that make them even more beneficial to users. Feedback has been super and the last one in MIssissippi resulted in several people sending photos of finds that came from areas that they had hunted multiple times before with their Deus and had missed . . . a few custom programs had finds "jumping into their pouch" as one guy said.

Richard Angelico, the other instructor, had a customer of his - Terry Smith - that attended take part in a club hunt with natural as well as planted targets. Terry said that after the Bootcamp he was able to make intelligent adjustments based on the conditions and targets he was looking for and as you can see from the photo below, they worked for him!

The Bootcamps have been a great experience for all that attended and we hope to see many of you at upcoming events . . . . .

Stay tuned

Andy & Charlene Sabisch

Andy & Charlene Sabisch
Treasure Hunting Outfitters
http://www.TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com

Findmall Sponsor

Carrying XP, Minelab, Garrett, Fisher, Teknetics, DetectorPro, Whites and Makro detectors as well as detecting / prospecting accessories

If you are looking for a unique gift, be sure to check out our coins, gems, rocks, fossils and relics

Posted by: torchy169
Date: March 27, 2015 02:03PM
And dates for the UK???

Date: May 23, 2015 11:41AM
We would love to be able to conduct some across the pond . . . . . have gotten similar requests from dealers and that is a possibility in 2016 but again, logistics are the deceiding factor

Andy

Re: XP Deus Bootcamps . . . . 2015 Dates and Changes (May 2015 Update) :thumbup:
Posted by: Sleepyjim
Date: May 23, 2015 11:38PM
Still nothing for west coast?

My knees are killin me from beggin!

LOL

Jim

Deus Baby!
Gold Coin Club!

West Coast locations
Date: May 24, 2015 08:37AM
We can appreciate the interest in West coast Bootcamps based on feedback from attendees and requests from Deus owners west of the Mississippi; however, planning and executing a West Coast Bootcamp is not as simple as picking a location and hoping for the best. In order to make the west coast work, we need to have the interest since the travel is likely to be non-refundable and putting on a Bootcamp for 3 or 4 people does not work.

We have modified the format so that we are doing an XP session Saturday and a Minelab session Sunday which we hope will make the total weekend something that can in fact work for the West coast. We are also looking at flying into a southwest city for the weekend, driving to the Northwest, doing another one the following weekend and flying home. The logistics and dealer support on the destination end is what we are struggling with since we are limited as to what we can carry with us and normally we have a van load of material that comes along.

I hope you understand that while we really want to come out west, until we can get the logistics to work, we can only keep trying to find the right formula.

Andy & Charlene Sabisch

Re: West Coast locations
Posted by: bigbuck1975
Date: May 29, 2015 08:55PM
How about Green Bay Wisconsin??

Posted by: Sleepyjim
Date: May 31, 2015 01:36AM
Andy Sabisch
We can appreciate the interest in West coast Bootcamps based on feedback from attendees and requests from Deus owners west of the Mississippi; however, planning and executing a West Coast Bootcamp is not as simple as picking a location and hoping for the best. In order to make the west coast work, we need to have the interest since the travel is likely to be non-refundable and putting on a Bootcamp for 3 or 4 people does not work.

We have modified the format so that we are doing an XP session Saturday and a Minelab session Sunday which we hope will make the total weekend something that can in fact work for the West coast. We are also looking at flying into a southwest city for the weekend, driving to the Northwest, doing another one the following weekend and flying home. The logistics and dealer support on the destination end is what we are struggling with since we are limited as to what we can carry with us and normally we have a van load of material that comes along.

I hope you understand that while we really want to come out west, until we can get the logistics to work, we can only keep trying to find the right formula.

Andy & Charlene Sabisch

We appreciate your efforts and know your trying, myself, I was just busting balls a bit, good natured fun, hope your not angry. I for one would be willing to pay more, but that is 1 guy, maybe we need to actually count how many would even be interested in attending and it might be a so few it will just be undoable......

Jim

Deus Baby!
Gold Coin Club!

Posted by: HuntinDog
Date: May 31, 2015 01:42PM
I equal 4 from the Sacramento CA area and I'm sure there are others.

No. Cal. Gold Country
XP DEUS / 9"-11"-11X13" coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
6000 Di Pro SL
MXT Pro / 300, 10D2, 950, 6X9 Eclipse, 4X6 Shooter
DX-1 and Sun Ray Pro Golds

Keep your head down, your swing smooth and Coil to the soil

Re: XP Deus Bootcamps . . . . 2015 Dates and Changes (May 2015 Update) :thumbup:
Posted by: BerntOut
Date: June 07, 2015 11:26PM
It's simple to come out west. Pack up your Van and hit the road. :detecting:

Say you start in Kansas City, then on to Oklahoma CIty, Dallas, El Paso, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Portland, Seattle and maybe Canada to the lovely city of Vancouver. Then on to Boise, Salt Lake City and end it all in Denver! WHEW! 14 or 28 if you do the Minelab seminars in a month? Well maybe not.,,,but you get my drift. Maybe you should think about a Motor Home? :wink:

I figured out which Cities for the Deus and Minelab Training in the west! Make reservations with payment in full with a 50% refundable deposit up to two day's before the seminar ...I am sure you will have a substantial waiting list to fill the few vacant spots. What a fun and profitable road trip(s) it could be! :beers:

*DIG IT*

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2015 11:33PM by BerntOut.

Posted by: jimmyzr1
Date: June 24, 2015 10:54PM
I am in Sacramento as well and I would go as well. I have a few friends from our club that would love to go as well.
Thanks

Posted by: dirtdevil
Date: July 10, 2015 09:09AM
Hey! What about Texas :)
Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio?
Take your pick.. Im there! and Im sure many more.

AT Pro - Hunt in: Pro Zero with Iron disc. set at 36, 5x8 coil
Makro pin pointer
Garrett Pro pointer orange
Tot Lots, School grounds and Parks are my main hunting areas.
Katy, Tx

Posted by: Charles(Sabre)(Tx)
Date: July 10, 2015 12:35PM
Ditto on the Texas areas! Lots of detector users in Texas. Deus rocks!

Two new locations added
Date: July 21, 2015 09:14PM
We have added two new locations (Knoxville, TN and Thomson, GA) and have more than will be posted soon.

As we have said, the West Coast is proving to be logistical quagmire in trying to find locations and attendees in the same place but we are hoping to pull two sites together soon.

The last two Bootcamps have been sold-out and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive . . . even Moe from Detector Electronics said he learned things about the Deus he had not known before and he was one of the first to start using one in the US.

We hope you can join us at one of the upcoming sessions . . . . we know you will find it to be time well spent.

Andy Sabisch

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login