Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
MI6 Pin Pointer ~ Question
Posted by: unearth
Date: July 18, 2017 12:20AM
I got the MI6 pin pointer and am really enjoying how it works, but I have a question. While I'm using the pin pointer I've noticed a recurring sound. It sounds like a "low charge" signal, but when I turn the pin pointer on, I get 2 light flashes indicating 60% charge. I've looked at the paperwork that came with the pin pointer, but I don't see any info about any indicator sound. Anyone else notice this sound?

Re: MI6 Pin Pointer ~ Question
Posted by: martygene
Date: July 18, 2017 05:57AM
I have heard that sound too and don't know what it is either. Hopefully someone will know.

Posted by: Strobing_NYC
Date: July 18, 2017 09:18PM
I have noticed it makes all kinds of noise, even more when it's next to a nice piece of silver :)

Posted by: JBM1
Date: July 19, 2017 02:55AM
They certainly hold the charge for a very long time.

For some reason I sometimes get a communication breakdown between the probe and the controller.

I remove and reload the probe with the controller and all was well with the world.

Just a little annoying when on a dig. :beers: Jerry.

Posted by: Gary-B
Date: July 19, 2017 09:55AM
One tip to try is make sure your MI-6 is away from a target when you turn it off. Don't turn it off when it is still bleeping.

XP Metal Detectors - Watch the XP Skill School video's and catch up on the latest information at the XP Classroom: http://www.xp-detectors.co.uk/

Date: July 19, 2017 11:51AM
Gary-
I'm sure I have the pin pointer away from any metallic object or when bleeping when turning it off. Usually the sound happens randomly, usually while I'm just holding it, but sometimes while searching for the target. Does the pin pointer have a "sound signal" to denote anything such as battery charge or which program it's using?

Posted by: Gary-B
Date: July 19, 2017 01:46PM
The switching off was just an idea and has helped some people.
There is no audio to tell you what program you are in unless you are scrolling through the menu.
It may be worth fully charging the unit and remove and re pair.
That's all I can think off at the moment.

XP Metal Detectors - Watch the XP Skill School video's and catch up on the latest information at the XP Classroom: http://www.xp-detectors.co.uk/

Date: July 19, 2017 02:06PM
Ok Gary, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Posted by: robez509
Date: July 19, 2017 11:39PM
Tried the MI6, catchy name. Wasn't impressed, upped my dig time per/target, with all the off/on switching. Coil has to be off for pin-pointer to work- visa-versa.
I wish XP would have put in the discrimination, like the Sun Ray X-1 probe.

I have owned the Garret Pro Pointer, the X-1, the cheap Harbor Freight, tried the M16, but am sticking with my Minelab Pro Find-25.
I feel the Minelab has more depth and reliability. Just my $.02.

Like the saying goes, "An opinion, everybody has one.....":rofl:

Date: July 20, 2017 10:12PM
Gary B-
Tried your suggestions. Charge and re-pair. Still have the sound. Could it be the pin pointer interacting with the controller some how? Like I said, it sounds like a low battery charge signal or maybe the pin pointer does a constant re-pairing with the controller. Could it be the pin pointer is working the same way as does tracking GB on the Deus?

Posted by: Blank Planet
Date: September 09, 2017 11:16AM
I have a question that I can not find an answer to, in stand alone mode in vibrate only does the MI-6 beep when turning it on/off ?

thanks for the help.

BP

Posted by: khriswalenga
Date: September 10, 2017 02:46PM
I have the same beeping noise and I have no idea what it is my pinpointer also seems to lock up and keep sounding even after I pull it away from the target only way it stops is if I restart it anyone have that problem thanks

Posted by: Listener
Date: September 10, 2017 05:39PM
I found using it is just an exercise in futility. I packed it away waiting for XP to make some changes that make it more useful. As it is it drops off when u least expect it. Sometimes forgets to turn the coil back on, is horrible slow activating with the HF Elliptical coil I have. I would rather use it over my Garrett pro pointer but it works when u turn. It on and off and u can still check your hole with the Deus.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login