Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Deus...not good for So. Calif. parks???
Posted by: sdbirder2
Date: August 09, 2017 09:15PM
I'm in San Diego with a 3½ month old XP Deus, 11' coil, 4.0 & 4.1. It is significantly better than my AT Pro. My favorite program is Gary Hot with full tones but at @ 2.5 or 2 reactivity rather than 3, closely matching ground balance, occasionally dropping frequency and going to 3x power.

The only weak point I've found is around wet sand. Eventually I'll get a Minelab CTX 3030 or a PI detector for that realm.

Be sure to hold the coil high up in the air, away from any metals during the startup calibration process until you get to the speaker question. I got totally skunked a beach one morning due to that mistake It was the thick metal railings on the stairway down to the beach...

I have a small 20x10' grass patch in my 1900's backyard that I've thoroughly cleaned out with my AT Pro. The XP Deus extracted a couple of deep silver dimes, invisible to the AT Pro even with very high electromagnetic interference chattering from the power lines above.

If you're still having issues maybe you have a defective unit and should send it back for a checkup.

Posted by: dixiedigger57
Date: August 11, 2017 03:39PM
Hey Paul, hope all is well. I am starting to experiment more with my MXT in prospector mode in back yard. I have a few little spots I have proverbially cleaned out with the vlf settings. found silvers and relics of brass in the standard vlf settings. been there many many times. private property, only hunter, little acre plot in edge of woods. I know there is stuff there still, its just soooo deep, I have uncovered stuff in bottom of holes after getting the known target. . and it has a lot of iron and rusty tin bits. so I hope to do well this fall when it cools and the ticks are not as bad. I will be using the prospector mode and using a Eldorado Umax I got from Sandman with the 9x8 coil.

hh Carey

Posted by: Digger 45
Date: August 12, 2017 11:14AM
In central California i use the Sifter program in the parks and on the dry sand on the beach with good success on the wet i use the wet program and turn up the audio to 4, works well to about 6" and so much lighter than my Sand Shark, but it has its place also.

Posted by: Old California
Date: August 12, 2017 12:14PM
PM sent Carey,

Thanks and keep up the good hunt glad you're finding prospecting mode working for you, that's my secret mode to use :smile:

HH, Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 12, 2017 03:57PM
Old California
PM sent Carey,

Thanks and keep up the good hunt glad you're finding prospecting mode working for you, that's my secret mode to use :smile:

HH, Paul

Hi Paul,
What is the prospecting mode?
What are the settings? Sounds interesting. Does one need to use an HF coil for that mode?

Date: August 13, 2017 12:54PM
Hello Tony,

For my area, We have black sand or some levels of other types of mineralization. Both land and water, When conditions allow Prospecting mode with an MXT, MX Sport, AT Gold or Deus allow deeper penetration in these type of conditions. With the Deus, Prospecting mode is the Goldfield feature. I've been using this feature with the Deus, but in all honestly I need additional features to be added hopefully with future deus updates XP comes through.

What I need to do is contact XP directly, Suprised it wasn't added with the recent upgrade. Maybe there is a reason, time will tell.

Take care, enjoy the Deus I sure do!
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2017 12:55PM by Old California.

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 13, 2017 03:51PM
Old California
Hello Tony,

For my area, We have black sand or some levels of other types of mineralization. Both land and water, When conditions allow Prospecting mode with an MXT, MX Sport, AT Gold or Deus allow deeper penetration in these type of conditions. With the Deus, Prospecting mode is the Goldfield feature. I've been using this feature with the Deus, but in all honestly I need additional features to be added hopefully with future deus updates XP comes through.

What I need to do is contact XP directly, Suprised it wasn't added with the recent upgrade. Maybe there is a reason, time will tell.

Take care, enjoy the Deus I sure do!
Paul

Hi Paul,
Can you tell me what kind of additional features you'd like to see with the Goldfield mode?
I've detected quite a lot in southern California and in the gold fields north of Mojave. The soil out there can get pretty funky. Michigan soil is much milder in comparison.

Date: August 13, 2017 11:25PM
Hello Tony,

I'll share that on a new post soon, Have good news from today's Goldfield mode hunt.

Thanks Tony,
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login