Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Must see video for all notch users!
Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: August 11, 2017 11:36PM
Yesterday I went back to a small area at an old church I've hunted using a new modified "deep" program with 18kz and no notch. I thought I had this area pretty hunted out but found 13 more coins and a small 2 ring carbine. But most of the trash here is pull tabs, slaw and iron. The 800 lb gorilla is when bottle caps enter the picture. Won't their masking of anything smaller than a half dollar make the question of losing deep coins when notching really a mute point?

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: August 12, 2017 07:46AM
There is one flaw to that question your assuming that all DEEP coins have bottle caps around them . I don't hunt with the remote much and just listen to tones. ALOT of bottle caps give there self away in the audio of full tones, but tnsharpshooter made a very valid statement about guys who run their machines set up this way. He said whether you notch or use a high end tone break you will never really learn the nuance of the deus and how it acts over iron and nails. You cant reason what you cant hear..... That made a light bulb go off in my head because I realized I have learned the machine open no disc , no notch etc, and had learned how the deus acts in iron and bottle caps and all that stuff by TONAL (full tones) nuance and not a disc filter or high end tone break, notch etc. I realized that people who hunt this way have never been forced to pay attention to those types of signal to see whats off about them because they NEVER have heard them. The deus has so much info in full tones to id caps, nails, iron,slaw etc but guys using other tones 3,4,5, etc have never got to experience this. Do I dig trash of course I do but can I tell can slaw from a coin MOST of the time yes I can from the tonal response of the machine over these type of junk targets. I had to dig a lot of junk to get to that point with the deus BUT it was well worth it and I sure don't run the risk of knocking out deep silver or a good relic with a high end tone break or notch. Bottom line is this if you want to learn the deus and its nuances over caps, iron , nails etc open it up IF you want a so called easy life close it down notch ,etc. OMT there is a certain type of caps that are just hard to deal with but hey that's part of the game. CONGRATS ON ALL THE COINS AND BULLET TOO.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2017 07:50AM by calabash digger.

Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: August 12, 2017 08:46AM
The best advice I ever got from a more experienced Deus user was to choose one tone setting and stick to it to learn the tones so I'm with you there. And if I only relic hunted I would only use full tones. This is the question I need to clarify. If I have a silver dime sitting close to a screwcap(the worst scenario) will full tones still give a blended tone which can be learned or will it still be totally masked? Because of the extra noise this is why some guys won't run in full tones in the really trashy areas It takes more courage(smile) but is it still worth it. I know your video showed how full works in trash but the shallow coins are normally(but not always) clad. Thanks

Date: August 12, 2017 10:05AM
If you look at my pitch and full tones video you will see me test over the five inch merc in full tones and it does lower the tone some from that high silver tone. A coin shooter might have a dilemma here but for a relic hunter it would be a no brainer. Also in the notch video the notch hurt the silver dime in iron signal bad. All the other coins were in clean ground at depth. that's a good question let me find a screw cap and I will get back to you in a little while..OMT to consider if a person is coin shooting in iron the vdi is out the window and the tones run a risk of being pulled down so theres not really a fix all solution except to dig when in doubt . Do you see what I'm saying? I doubt your gonna be able to learn the screw cap nuance enough to say there is a silver coin there but you might be able to say hey something aint quite right with that signal and I might need to check , will see. Most of my testing deals with iron.

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: August 12, 2017 12:49PM
Post up a link to your vids.
calabash digger
If you look at my pitch and full tones video you will see me test over the five inch merc in full tones and it does lower the tone some from that high silver tone. A coin shooter might have a dilemma here but for a relic hunter it would be a no brainer. Also in the notch video the notch hurt the silver dime in iron signal bad. All the other coins were in clean ground at depth. that's a good question let me find a screw cap and I will get back to you in a little while..OMT to consider if a person is coin shooting in iron the vdi is out the window and the tones run a risk of being pulled down so theres not really a fix all solution except to dig when in doubt . Do you see what I'm saying? I doubt your gonna be able to learn the screw cap nuance enough to say there is a silver coin there but you might be able to say hey something aint quite right with that signal and I might need to check , will see. Most of my testing deals with iron.

Date: August 12, 2017 01:20PM
heres the pitch video. video: https://youtu.be/KKIdKmegugE

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: August 12, 2017 03:50PM
Thanks
calabash digger
heres the pitch video. video: https://youtu.be/KKIdKmegugE

What does "OMT" stand for?
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 12, 2017 03:55PM
calabash digger
OMT there is a certain type of caps that are just hard to deal with but hey that's part of the game. CONGRATS ON ALL THE COINS AND BULLET TOO.

Curious what "OMT" stands for?

Nice videos cd.

Date: August 12, 2017 08:37PM
One more thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login