Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Must see video for all notch users!
Posted by: calabash digger
Date: August 10, 2017 08:56AM
If you use notch on the deus then this is a must see video for you. I ACCIDENTLY SAY GROUND NOTCH A FEW TIMES but this video has no ground notch applied and I am working on a edit to correct those mistakes where I said that. . video: https://youtu.be/RqiSsGJkcoM

Re: Must see video for all notch users!
Date: August 10, 2017 10:09AM
even if you only open up your notch window to 98-99 it still doesn't matter because notice how the deus elevates the numbers on deep silver even with id norm off in 7 kh . So you run a high risk on knocking those deep silvers out and one more thing to note is how the notch feature hurts the merc dime at 5 inchs in the iron to the point you wouldn't even dig it. One thing to note about the notch window say you have it open to 98-99 and a target hits at 97 the signal will be skewed by the notch window and it will make it sound like garbage. This is the edited one ... video: https://youtu.be/BKOYcan22i4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 10:19AM by calabash digger.

Posted by: Low-Boy/LCPM
Date: August 10, 2017 10:41AM
Date: August 10, 2017 10:44AM
notice the part a couple minutes in where I use id norm off and on and show the numbers on the deep silver quarter they are almost identical. Folks no matter what you think if your running a notch window of 98-99 and id norm off your still missing some deep silvers.

I'm confused
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 10, 2017 11:12AM
calabash digger
notice the part a couple minutes in where I use id norm off and on and show the numbers on the deep silver quarter they are almost identical. Folks no matter what you think if your running a notch window of 98-99 and id norm off your still missing some deep silvers.

Why would ID NORM being off cause one to lose deep silvers as apposed to having ID NORM being on?

Date: August 10, 2017 01:29PM
id norm on keys the target vdi with 17 kh which gives a higher vdi on targets than say 7 kh but at extreme depth there wasn't much difference. Take a quarter and swing in front of coil with it on and off and you will see how it works. ID norm being on or off is not the cause of losing targets at depth , its the way the deus will elevate vdi numbers at certain depths that causes this problem. I show the deus elevating the numbers on the silver quarter with it on and off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 01:31PM by calabash digger.

Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: August 10, 2017 05:23PM
Maybe this is why i often find deep wheats in silver quarter range with notch on which is aggravating.

Posted by: smkunder
Date: August 10, 2017 06:03PM
So does one just live with the wrap around iron effect in order to see these deep silvers? I think that is the only reason to notch 96-99 is to get rid of the iron wrap around.

Steve

CTX 3030 , XP Deus Ml-6 Pinpointer, Minelab Excal

Date: August 10, 2017 06:07PM
It seems there are trade-offs for many settings we make.

Date: August 10, 2017 07:56PM
To be honest that whole iron wrap around thing is not that big of problem if you ask me. I hunt iron infested sites with no notch and -2.5 discrim and I don't dig that much iron at all of course I use full tones and it ids iron very well. For me I would take my chances with the so called iron wrap anyday before I would knock out deep silver to avoid digging a few pieces of iron. Like I said we hunt iron infested sites and the whole iron wrap problem well its not really a problem....

Re: I'm confused
Posted by: squirrel1
Date: August 10, 2017 08:55PM
Tony N (Michigan)
calabash digger

Why would ID NORM being off cause one to lose deep silvers as apposed to having ID NORM being on?

Calabash is correct.
Basically in a nut shell, running IDNorm off, allows on average for deeper targets to stay lower ID wise. (Excluding use of 18khz)
But once depth gets so deep Deus will go to the high side anyways.

Also note, Calabash's soil is mild.
In soil with higher minerals,,,Deus likely to run to high side ID wise on shallower targets on average.

In real high minerlized soil, this could happen on a quarter at even approx 5-6".

Also reactvity setting here can be a driver too, as far as how deep Deus will hold a lower (more correct/actual ID) of target.

This adjusting reactvity for a Deus user, can be a good strategy some times when cherry picking targets.
Meaning try to force Deus on an already located target to give correct/more correct ID.
So user can make a dig or no dig decision
Not fool proof by no means..

Also, which freq used vs (conductivity/size) of target can drive ID higher.
For example a small spent 22 LR using 4 kHz or 8khz could,be driven higher at shallower depths- giving high tone accompanied by super high meter reading.
This same target when swept in 18khz may read actual Vdi with accompanying tone to boot.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 09:12PM by squirrel1.

Date: August 10, 2017 10:56PM
The way deus drives the numbers up at depth on non ferrous targets NEEDS to be looked at real hard by people who use notch and also people who like to use tone breaks at the high end . Setting a tone break at 96 and everything else above that say at 200 kh 97 -99 will give the effect that the deep silver is iron in tone. That whole iron wrap around business is WAY over played imo. I dig in iron almost everytime I'm out and the whole iron wrap around thing is well non existant really . Yeah I get a few pieces of big iron that like to false and produce a vdi 97,98,99 sometime but its not to hard to tell once you learn the tones of the deus and how it acts on such targets. I HUNT IN IRON INFESTED SITES AND REALLY DIG VERY LITTLE IRON that fools me , a piece here and there. I use full tones and always from the begging so I understand the language of the deus set up that way. To set up using notch or a tone break at say 96 is a GRAVE error and can be easily demonstrated to show it is. Put a silver dime at 9 inchs, silver quarter at 10 and a silver half at 12 and try it . WATCH what happens! Your soil may vary so it might be 8 inchs on the dime, or 9 inchs on the quarter etc, where this happens but keep playing around with the depths and you will see that there is a region in the ground where this will occur...... and the silver will be walked over if it falls in that region.

Date: August 11, 2017 12:00PM
calabash digger
The way deus drives the numbers up at depth on non ferrous targets NEEDS to be looked at real hard by people who use notch and also people who like to use tone breaks at the high end . Setting a tone break at 96 and everything else above that say at 200 kh 97 -99 will give the effect that the deep silver is iron in tone. That whole iron wrap around business is WAY over played imo. I dig in iron almost everytime I'm out and the whole iron wrap around thing is well non existant really . Yeah I get a few pieces of big iron that like to false and produce a vdi 97,98,99 sometime but its not to hard to tell once you learn the tones of the deus and how it acts on such targets. I HUNT IN IRON INFESTED SITES AND REALLY DIG VERY LITTLE IRON that fools me , a piece here and there. I use full tones and always from the begging so I understand the language of the deus set up that way. To set up using notch or a tone break at say 96 is a GRAVE error and can be easily demonstrated to show it is. Put a silver dime at 9 inchs, silver quarter at 10 and a silver half at 12 and try it . WATCH what happens! Your soil may vary so it might be 8 inchs on the dime, or 9 inchs on the quarter etc, where this happens but keep playing around with the depths and you will see that there is a region in the ground where this will occur...... and the silver will be walked over if it falls in that region.

What often fools me are the deep small iron square cut nails and parts of those nails. But swinging one direction than another often unmasks them. But then I have to ask myself, is it a coin next to a nail? That's what I haven't figured out a solution to.

Posted by: Goldpick
Date: August 11, 2017 12:42PM
I would only use notching for cherry picking shallow or surface drops in parks etc, works quite well when set up properly. I wouldn't consider using it for any other sites, nor for older/deeper coin hunting, my ears are more trustworthy.

Date: August 11, 2017 02:18PM
I hunt sites that are loaded with those square nails on colonial and civil war era homesites. Do I dig a few in in say a all day hunt ? I talked to guy this morning who lives down in ALA and he sets his machine up where the high end sounds as iron and I explained to him where I live being fooled by iron and digging it all day is NOT a problem. I will say this from thinking back on all day hunts where we dug 100 to 120 holes in a day on iron loaded sites , I know this because of the go pro takes I film each dig .. I would bet out that many holes 10 to 15 targets were iron and not many were square nails. ( Mind you these are iron infested sites too) The ones that get me the most are the rings of iron. I mean come on out of that many holes the whole iron wrap thing if it was that big of problem my pouch should be full of iron. I think some want to hone it down and not dig one piece of junk and to me it aint gonna happen or if it does you are leaving the good stuff behind.... so my suggestion dig the ocassional square nail and don't worry about it might be a deep silver sooner or later. I said this in one of my other there is no substitution for DIGGING> I dig all kind of signals on relic sites and have seen some JUNK signals turn into finds of a life time. If your hunting shallow clad like the post above says notch might work well in those situations.
Tony N (Michigan)
calabash digger

What often fools me are the deep small iron square cut nails and parts of those nails. But swinging one direction than another often unmasks them. But then I have to ask myself, is it a coin next to a nail? That's what I haven't figured out a solution to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 02:21PM by calabash digger.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login