Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Deus found something beneath the ground
Posted by: E-TRAC-OHIO
Date: August 13, 2017 12:18PM
Congrats on a great find - locating the owner after all these years and some real good public relations for our hobby - a win, win deal ! :clapping:

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Re: I saw that 3 cent coin you found! Wow! Nice! . . .
Posted by: pplinker
Date: August 14, 2017 07:14AM
Tony N (Michigan)
It would be nice if you could take a close-up of it.
You know you probably have a setting in your phone for when you are viewing a picture on your phone that allows you to crop it?
When viewing a picture on your phone just tap on the picture and see what comes up above the picture and see if there are settings there to crop it.
If not, you can get the free IrfanView software to edit your pictures and make them so they don't have so much bloat but still look large.

You can get IrfanView at: IrfanView web site

Thank you! And thank you for the information on pictures. I use a regular camera for pictures and put it on micro mode. Next time i'll try to crop the picture, but the 3 cent piece just doesn't look that clear even in person.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: August 14, 2017 10:50AM
Nice find I just hit a class ring this am and 4 silvers with Deus!!

Date: August 14, 2017 11:58AM
Mkus

Congratulations. What year is the class ring you found?

Edit: Never mind, I see on another post of yours that it is a 1952 class ring with no name. Great find, along with the silvers!

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 12:00PM by pplinker.

Date: August 14, 2017 04:24PM
pplinker
Mkus

Congratulations. What year is the class ring you found?

Edit: Never mind, I see on another post of yours that it is a 1952 class ring with no name. Great find, along with the silvers!

Re: Deus found something beneath the groundN/T
Date: August 14, 2017 04:24PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: I saw that 3 cent coin you found! Wow! Nice! . . .
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 15, 2017 02:54PM
pplinker

Thank you! And thank you for the information on pictures. I use a regular camera for pictures and put it on micro mode. Next time i'll try to crop the picture, but the 3 cent piece just doesn't look that clear even in person.

You can take your picture with the highest setting in your camera then you can crop it in IrfanView so just the coin is showing and you will not have such a large picture megabyte-wise.
There are other tricks in IrfanView to bring down the size of the file but still retain the largeness of the size of the coin.
When opening a file in IrfanView and then you want to "save as" two boxes pop up. On the left a box showing directories and on the right, a small box with a slider bar. In the small box in the upper left of it it says "save quality" and you can slide the bar to the left or right. I save my pictures at 57.

There are other tricks I can tell you about concerning the program.

Date: August 15, 2017 07:37PM
Thank you Tony. I tried to download it but it didn't download. I didn't go metal detecting today because I'm trying to learn my Deus better. Yest I practiced pinpointing and today I've been reading the manual and the book. And working with the menus and doing beginner's exercises.. I had your program loaded but it made too much noise. Tomorrow I'm going to learn to ground balance

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login