Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Club hunt with the Nor'easters this weekend
Posted by: CT Todd
Date: August 13, 2017 01:10PM
I got out this weekend for the Great Catskills Coin and Relic Hunt. I think this was the 3rd or 4th year the Nor'easters have had this hunt. It really is a lot of fun to see a bunch of people with the same interests and see some good friends that you only get to see once a year or so. I did OK for finds with a 1/2 Reale 1785 and a couple of Seated plus lots of Indians and wheat. We had a great time and the historical society and the rotary made some money that they will spend wisely.

I hunted the whole weekend with the Deus and the poor Ctx spent the weekend in the truck. I ran my program as usual with Disc 6.5

Dig Colonial or go Home! www.cttodd.com

Started in 97, Fav Coin 1774 2 Reales, Oldest Coin 1st Century Roman Silver

When I go detecting I always do so with permission of the land owner.

Re: Club hunt with the Nor'easters this weekend
Posted by: calabash digger
Date: August 13, 2017 01:23PM
you make it look way to easy Todd. nice finds Im shocked you didnt find George Washingtons canon or something after that fiasco with the sword pieces.. lol btw that was a killer find.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: August 13, 2017 02:10PM
OK? You did fantastic!!! I find a wheat cent and I feel I am doing ok :rofl:

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Two questions for you . . .
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 13, 2017 03:44PM
You are so fortunate to be hunting in such old areas. Nice finds with the Deus! Were your coins very deep or in a lot of trash?

Posted by: Mkus
Date: August 13, 2017 05:07PM
Nice finds man!

Re: Two questions for you . . .
Posted by: CT Todd
Date: August 13, 2017 05:37PM
Tony N (Michigan)
You are so fortunate to be hunting in such old areas. Nice finds with the Deus! Were your coins very deep or in a lot of trash?

It was a public hunt
The Reale was a tough target with adjacent trash but repeated in two directions about 6"
The first seated was 40' away from the Reale and very faint but repeatable 7-8"
The second seated was just under the leaves no shovel needed. First guy there gets it.

Dig Colonial or go Home! www.cttodd.com

Started in 97, Fav Coin 1774 2 Reales, Oldest Coin 1st Century Roman Silver

When I go detecting I always do so with permission of the land owner.

Posted by: E-TRAC-OHIO
Date: August 17, 2017 06:19AM
Sounds like you guy's had a great time - a win, win deal for everyone - congrats on the fantastic finds !

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login