Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Why so many Deus's for sale?
Posted by: calabash digger
Date: August 16, 2017 11:01PM
I will tell you a secret the hf coils take away 95 % of the chatter almost silent at times.

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 17, 2017 03:55AM
calabash digger
I think that's what throws a lot off too ,that it is 5 or 6 different singl freq vlf detectors in one.

Not to mention it being an underwater detector too.

Posted by: Goldpick
Date: August 17, 2017 10:57AM
I like to think of the Deus as an enthusiast's detector, a machine with full adjustability on just about every setting you can think of to suit a broad range of sites. I think that fact scares some away from the Deus, especially those first starting out, or wanting a more simplified detector with so called instant results.

I remember a mate who owned a CTX also went out and purchsed Deus after hearing all the rave reviews. First test he did was compared depths on a coin with both detectors, and immediately came up with the conclusion that the CTX was the superior machine. 6-8 months down the track after initally talking about ditching the Deus, something has clicked and he now understands what a potent detector it can be when both set up properly, and utilised on sites that suit its strengths - and also with the realisation that depth isn't everything.

I also think many over complicate things by switching settings, tones and frequencies too often to ever come up with a base program for day to day detecting. Best to stick a base program that offers tones that you feel comfortable or familiar with, and then look at playing with expert settings etc down the track.

So yes, I do think many do part ways with the Deus after finding out it is not a magic wand, it does require a decent number of hours to be confident that you are not leaving good targets in the ground.

To be honest, I really don't see that many up for sale, certainly no more than any other detector. I mean look at how many AT Pros are up for sale now with the imminent release of the AT max.

Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: August 17, 2017 11:08AM
Wish I had known this before buying the11" but the hf was marketed to folks with mineralzation issues which I dont have plus I've gotten used to it. Just hope I dont miss anything in full tones where the upper tones can be harder to pick out in heavy trash(smile).

Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: August 17, 2017 11:14AM
You're absolutely right. The mistake I made when I first got the Deus was to try to set up a bunch of specialty programs to fit each site. Finally I settled on one program I really like and just tweek it as needed per each site.

My Deus is not chattery at all
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 17, 2017 11:46AM
Someone in this thread mentioned their Deus is chattery. Mine isn't chattery whatsoever unless I get near my underground electric supply running from the pole to the house.

Re: My Deus is not chattery at all
Posted by: undrpar
Date: August 17, 2017 11:58AM
Mine runs super quiet also,sometimes I run something across it to make sure it's working,lol.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: August 17, 2017 06:13PM
I get chatter around Amtrak lines in a field I hunt does not bother me

Posted by: unearth
Date: August 17, 2017 09:25PM
Here in the parks of So. Cal. I seem to always get chatter. Sometimes so much so I have to leave the park because I can't tell when I get over a good target. But, in some parks, the Deus will run fairly quiet. I was with two of my friends hunting a park in Culver City, Calif. They were using Garrett 250's and had no chatter at all, but the Deus, I put it on speaker, was chattery and they both said it would drive them nuts with all the chatter it was putting out. I keep trying to find a quiet program, but it still eludes me.:shrug:
I still had a good hunt, even with the chatter. 54 quarters, 63 dimes and a silver ring. So, I don't think my program is too bad, I just need to find the right tweak or tweaks to settle it down. Now, I was using the nine inch HF coil with the 28 frequency, so that may have had something to do with the chatter. I tried the 14 frequency, but the chatter was worse. But, even with this seemingly non-fixable noise problem, I still won't be selling my Deus.

Date: August 17, 2017 10:09PM
what did you have the sens set at? I get emi in my yard bad on the lf coils but it didnt even bother the hf elliptical coil.

Date: August 17, 2017 10:24PM
calabash digger
what did you have the sens set at? I get emi in my yard bad on the lf coils but it didnt even bother the hf elliptical coil.
Cal, I'm not sure. Probably somewhere around 90. Sometimes I set it as low as 84 to 86. I change it around until I find a setting that I can deal with. Sometimes it doesn't seem to make any difference. Also, I get a bit nervous if I have to set the sens to low. I feel I may be missing to much.

Date: August 17, 2017 10:29PM
wow I was thinking you had it maxed. dont know ,how was your ground balance?

Date: August 17, 2017 10:42PM
calabash digger
wow I was thinking you had it maxed. dont know ,how was your ground balance?
Cal, I don't think I've ever had my sens over 90 more than four or five times ever when detecting in a park. I GB using the pumping method and then going with manual. And, like the CTX, I re-do my GB procedure about every 30 to 40 minutes.

Date: August 17, 2017 10:45PM
that's tough cant figure that one out as from what I saw here with emi and how the hf coil handled it. Maybe someone will chime in.

Posted by: Blank Planet
Date: August 18, 2017 03:14AM
modern wifi and underground cables are a killer to the Deus wifi is even worse on the HF coils , price to pay for its power is some places it unusable have to bust out a Tesoro no emi hurts those tanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2017 03:15AM by Blank Planet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login