Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
5 x 9.5 on a relic hunt
Posted by: calabash digger
Date: August 17, 2017 08:51PM
This video shows the 5 x 9.5 on a 1700 s site that lasted up to the civil war.video: https://youtu.be/uce5q7gkdNU

Re: 5 x 9.5 on a relic hunt
Posted by: HuntinDog
Date: August 18, 2017 10:07AM
CD,
Nice digs.
But I hate watching your live digs.
Only because digging where I am, It's like digging in a concrete parking lot.. :lol:

No. Cal. Gold Country
XP DEUS / 9"-11"-11X13" coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
6000 Di Pro SL
MXT Pro / 300, 10D2, 950, 6X9 Eclipse, 4X6 Shooter
DX-1 and Sun Ray Pro Golds

Keep your head down, your swing smooth and Coil to the soil

Posted by: fastensmooth
Date: August 18, 2017 11:08AM
What were your settings and why? It appears that your friend was using a Deus with a standard coil. I see you compared one find to see which coil was more effective. Did you do a more comprehensive test comparison?

Date: August 18, 2017 11:42AM
no we were digging and didnt do a whole lot of testing. I was running 14 kh as just a general relic hunt setting and maybe 28 for a few minutes. The hf coil is way more stable and likes very little targets too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2017 11:43AM by calabash digger.

Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: August 18, 2017 05:00PM
Which is why asking for settings is always amusing . . . . set the machine for your area as one person's settings can and often will be quite different than what works best in your area

Date: August 18, 2017 08:24PM
I understand why people ask for settings they are looking for a starting point . I bought your book when I started and studied it and also watched Garys videos for programs to start with. I adopted Garys style rather than Andys as I relic hunt and the sites I hunt on are iron infested so I brought a U.K. style to my U.S. sites including plantations and single civil war era homes from rich to poor people back then and Garys settings were my starting point..( I have change and tweaked but still use the same style low disc open machine) .Many people use Andys style over here in the states and have done well too The deus can be overwhelming to some people when they start so I understand the need for a starting point . I have a video on my channel where I talk about my relic program and why I use it. you can find the settings on there. One thing to note about asking for settings you might ask someone who doesn't know the machine as well as they think they do and they might give you a program and you might think its the cats meow and later on find out you been walking over good targets and leaving them in the ground!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login