Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Feeling more comfortable with my deus
Posted by: pplinker
Date: August 19, 2017 08:20AM
Usually only like to dig loud signals but these were making faint signals. A few had TID of 99. Recently made myself learn to manual ground balance and that helped. After watching some videos I can now pronounce the detector's name correctly. Practiced pin pointing and that removed a lot of frustration because I had been digging in the middle of the coil but you have to keep backing the coil up and then your target will be in front of the very front edge of the coil when it quits making noise. I'm happy to pinpoint and uncover these small items and expect the experience to help when I go to a better site.

Can also create programs and that's pretty good considering I don't even use a smart phone.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Re: Feeling more comfortable with my deus
Posted by: Blank Planet
Date: August 19, 2017 08:58AM
your doing great keep it up :biggrin:

Re: Feeling more comfortable with my deus
Posted by: HuntinDog
Date: August 19, 2017 10:38AM
It's all about the "doing" to get the learning.
Your getting it, so keep it up.
Welcome to our Deus madness....

No. Cal. Gold Country
XP DEUS / 9"-11"-11X13" coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
6000 Di Pro SL
MXT Pro / 300, 10D2, 950, 6X9 Eclipse, 4X6 Shooter
DX-1 and Sun Ray Pro Golds

Keep your head down, your swing smooth and Coil to the soil

A short-cut to learning . . .
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 19, 2017 03:29PM
That is great that you are learning so much with using the Deus!

A short-cut to making progress with any metal detector is to plant a coin garden.
1st find a place for the garden.
2nd make sure the soil is free of nails etc.
3rd plant a copper penny at 6" and one at 7" and one at 8" and one at 9".
4rd repeat #3rd with a nickle.
5th repeat #3rd with a silver dime and do so with a silver quarter. But I would put the quarter at 8", 10" and 12" since it is a larger target.

Then put a dime in a hole about 6" deep with an old rusty iron nail about an inch from it. You will learn to hunt in trash.
Oh, and plant each coin about two feet from the other coins.

It may take a month or so for the soil to settle to really hear them well so be patient.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2017 03:31PM by Tony N (Michigan).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login