Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
the myth of the 90 degree turn to dig or not to dig??????
Posted by: calabash digger
Date: August 20, 2017 07:58AM
It has been passed around on the forums that if you get a signal you should turn 90 degrees on it and if it turns to iron or junk you should just leave it because its junk .. Is that true ??? Well heres a video to deal with another metal detecting myth passed around the forums.. video: https://youtu.be/lUGa4uVj3ho

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2017 07:59AM by calabash digger.

Re: the myth of the 90 degree turn to dig or not to dig??????
Posted by: Architex
Date: August 20, 2017 10:10AM
But what if you get a lousy signal, turn 90d and it gets to be a good signal?

:rofl:

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Date: August 20, 2017 10:56AM
DIg it out what does oh Gary say from over there in the Uk look for a reason to dig , don't look for a reason not to dig! I will show you a find that came from a sorry signal. If I had looked for a reason not to dig well I would have been one less eagle a one piece in the ole collection.

Posted by: Architex
Date: August 20, 2017 11:16AM
I know. I was just joshin'. You do a great job.

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Date: August 20, 2017 11:31AM
Thanks the other guy was trying to give me a hard time so got on the defensive.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: August 20, 2017 11:47AM
Beautiful Eagle button!

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: August 20, 2017 01:24PM
This rumor may have started when folks noticed that bent nails really will false one way. We've all dug them. But a straight nail(or in the case of the Deus three nail lying by the coin) will react the same way. Moral-dig.

Posted by: Gary-B
Date: August 21, 2017 02:40AM
As they say the spade is the best discriminator.

XP Metal Detectors - Watch the XP Skill School video's and catch up on the latest information at the XP Classroom: http://www.xp-detectors.co.uk/

Posted by: bibelot
Date: August 21, 2017 04:45AM
Take a fortune teller to decide whether you dig or not.

Makro Racer,XP Deus,Tesoro silver sabre II,
Teknetics T2 classic Minelab CTX 3030, Aka sorex pro

Posted by: bibelot
Date: August 21, 2017 05:00AM
It doesn't even have to sound all that great, just consistent and somewhat repeatable......

Makro Racer,XP Deus,Tesoro silver sabre II,
Teknetics T2 classic Minelab CTX 3030, Aka sorex pro

Posted by: pplinker
Date: August 22, 2017 06:51AM
Great video!

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Which leads me to nail board tests
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 22, 2017 07:08AM
The nail board test has the nails and coin all on the same level. In the real world, nails are at different depths than the coin.

I'd like to see a real-world nail test where the nails have been left undisturbed in the ground for many years,
dig a trench about 6 inches from them and slide a coin under and between them on a paint stir stick. Then see how any detector does.

Re: Which leads me to nail board tests
Date: August 22, 2017 08:55AM
Deus does better than most on a 3 d nail test, the video was just about the 90 degree turn not to showcase the unmasking potential of the deus.

Re: Which leads me to nail board tests
Posted by: Southwind
Date: August 22, 2017 09:26AM
Tony N (Michigan)
The nail board test has the nails and coin all on the same level. In the real world, nails are at different depths than the coin.

I'd like to see a real-world nail test where the nails have been left undisturbed in the ground for many years,
dig a trench about 6 inches from them and slide a coin under and between them on a paint stir stick. Then see how any detector does.

Agreed Tony. I have yet in my 40+ years of detecting hunted for coins on a board with nails, but hey, there are some strange people out there.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Posted by: CT Todd
Date: August 22, 2017 03:32PM
Gary-B
As they say the spade is the best discriminator.

Exactly Right.

Every time you leave a positive target you take a chance. Yes it sucks to dig Crap. It's part of the deal. Can't handle it ? have you tried Golf?

Consider the site your on
The size of the target
The depth of the target
The TID of the target
Can you dig multiple targets where you are? Public Park? Private Yard? Should you be digging every target or Cherry picking?

If you get enough yes's to these questions then you should be digging positive targets. Positive in two directions or not.

Dig Colonial or go Home! www.cttodd.com

Started in 97, Fav Coin 1774 2 Reales, Oldest Coin 1st Century Roman Silver

When I go detecting I always do so with permission of the land owner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login