Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
XP Deus - Airplane Travel
Posted by: Digging Pitts
Date: August 22, 2017 11:18AM
I'm a new Deus user (I've only had it a couple of months) I am going on a trip to Florida in a couple of days and I would really like to take my Deus with me. I am just wondering if this is safe. It seems like it might be a problem with the coil always on, and a lithium battery that I can't remove. I just don't want to get it taken, or have it cause any problems. Also, if you have traveled with the Deus, do you take it as a carry on or pack it in you luggage? These may have been question that have already been asked, if so let me know. Thank you all for your help!

"I don't know I'm making this up as I go..." - Indiana Jones

Re: XP Deus - Airplane Travel
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 22, 2017 11:29AM
Digging Pitts
I'm a new Deus user (I've only had it a couple of months) I am going on a trip to Florida in a couple of days and I would really like to take my Deus with me. I am just wondering if this is safe. It seems like it might be a problem with the coil always on, and a lithium battery that I can't remove. I just don't want to get it taken, or have it cause any problems. Also, if you have traveled with the Deus, do you take it as a carry on or pack it in you luggage? These may have been question that have already been asked, if so let me know. Thank you all for your help!

If you are staying at a Motel, why not express mail it to the Motel? Call the Motel and tell them to hold it for you. That's what I'd do.

Posted by: HuntinDog
Date: August 22, 2017 12:13PM
I've taken mine to Hawaii, Florida, Chicago and a bunch of other places around the country.
Always packed it in my checked baggage with no problems.
A few of the things I've done...

Waited until I arrived before charging.
Don't know if would help keep the battery for bursting, but just my thoughts.

Put a piece of black electrical tap over the coil light.
This will help avoid concerns to it blinking.

I put my instruction manual on top of the packed Deus.
This is so if they check they will know it's a detector.

I also pad my remote and WS4's well so they don't get damaged.

Never had a problem and twice had my luggage inspected and repacked, although not very well.

Have a great trip and bunches of finds and fun...

No. Cal. Gold Country
XP DEUS / 9"-11"-11X13" coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
6000 Di Pro SL
MXT Pro / 300, 10D2, 950, 6X9 Eclipse, 4X6 Shooter
DX-1 and Sun Ray Pro Golds

Keep your head down, your swing smooth and Coil to the soil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2017 12:16PM by HuntinDog.

Posted by: Charles (Sabre)(Tx)
Date: August 22, 2017 01:30PM
Ditto on what HuntinDog said.

Posted by: flysar
Date: August 22, 2017 02:30PM
I've taken mine in carry on in a small backpack and it scans right thru, no questions, I always take my manual in case they ask. I used electrical tape over the battery light.
I now store my 9" Deus in a Tesoro small detector bag. Its quilted, 9.5x23", and has carry handles. I plan to use it as my carryon detector bag for my next trip.

Posted by: CT Todd
Date: August 22, 2017 03:23PM
Mines been to England and back 3 times and other flights right in my Minelab Backpack. Never a question. Right in my carry on.

Dig Colonial or go Home! www.cttodd.com

Started in 97, Fav Coin 1774 2 Reales, Oldest Coin 1st Century Roman Silver

When I go detecting I always do so with permission of the land owner.

Posted by: chris_w
Date: August 22, 2017 03:44PM
Just to share my experience.

I took my deus as carry-on (remote,disc & stem) through TSA with no issues.
More details; Domestic flight & TSA pre-check.

Posted by: NYNURSE
Date: August 23, 2017 05:03AM
Mine has been through TSA at least a dozen times without questions. I do keep the controller and headphones on my carry on, but that's just for theft prevention. Metal detectors on aircraft might be more common then we realize..

Posted by: E-TRAC-OHIO
Date: August 23, 2017 06:47AM
A lot of the people in this forum have traveled with their Deus more than I have but this is what I did ...

My airline told me that NO Lithium batteries - regardless of how small - are allowed in the cargo hold of the aircraft - they are a fire hazard.
So I just put a wrap of black electrical tape around the coil light so it didn't attract attention and put the entire machine in a backpack as carry on luggage.

Good Luck on your trip !

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: Digging Pitts
Date: August 23, 2017 12:58PM
Thanks everyone for the fantastic advice! I really appreciate it. I'll let everyone when I find something awesome! Best of luck to all!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login