Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
DEUS Inbound!
Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: August 27, 2017 07:21PM
Ordered a DEUS V4 today with the 11 inch round DD, the 9 inch round HF, the MI-6, Water Kit, etc. etc. After 15 plus years with Minelab Explorers its time for a next generation machine.

Re: DEUS Inbound!
Posted by: CT Todd
Date: August 27, 2017 07:52PM
Best of luck.

Dig Colonial or go Home! www.cttodd.com

Started in 97, Fav Coin 1774 2 Reales, Oldest Coin 1st Century Roman Silver

When I go detecting I always do so with permission of the land owner.

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: August 27, 2017 08:40PM
Charles (Upstate NY)
Ordered a DEUS V4 today with the 11 inch round DD, the 9 inch round HF, the MI-6, Water Kit, etc. etc. After 15 plus years with Minelab Explorers its time for a next generation machine.

Please let us know how you fare Charles!

Posted by: squirrel1
Date: August 27, 2017 08:56PM
Charles,

Congrats on your purchase.
That HF coil is very special performance wise.

Anyone who has hunted a site and the site produced and is very old.
Even if a Deus with 9" or 11" LF coil has busted, the HF coil just might pull more.
Both in solo sitting smaller/ thin targets as well as in the iron.

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: August 27, 2017 09:20PM
congrats, get to studying! lol good luck

Date: August 27, 2017 10:24PM
squirrel1
Charles,

Congrats on your purchase.
That HF coil is very special performance wise.

Anyone who has hunted a site and the site produced and is very old.
Even if a Deus with 9" or 11" LF coil has busted, the HF coil just might pull more.
Both in solo sitting smaller/ thin targets as well as in the iron.

Think coins on edge, ooops did I say that out loud?

Date: August 27, 2017 10:27PM
calabash digger
congrats, get to studying! lol good luck

I'm a software engineer with over 10,000 targets dug, I'll conquer the DEUS in short order then the beatings will begin. (mad scientist type laugh) Muwhahahaha!

Posted by: E-TRAC-OHIO
Date: August 28, 2017 06:12AM
Good luck with your new Deus Charles ! :detecting:

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Charles (Upstate NY) . . .
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: August 28, 2017 03:52PM
Just remember, the stock programs in the Deus that is shipped to you are basically for European detecting. Andy Sabisch and CT_Todd have programs for the U.S.A.
You might get discouraged if all you use are the stock programs. Just a heads up.

Re: Charles (Upstate NY) . . .
Date: August 28, 2017 07:27PM
Tony I'll crank the Deus until I smell burning wires. :shocked:

Re: Charles (Upstate NY) . . .
Posted by: Mkus
Date: August 28, 2017 08:06PM
Tony N (Michigan)
Just remember, the stock programs in the Deus that is shipped to you are basically for European detecting. Andy Sabisch and CT_Todd have programs for the U.S.A.
You might get discouraged if all you use are the stock programs. Just a heads up.
I run the stock basic1 and kill coins with it ...???

Date: August 28, 2017 09:37PM
I hunt with the European style myself and kill relics .... my style is different from Andys and Todds and is more like the UK style that Gary Blackwell uses. (a low disc -2.5 and full tones setup). As some would say there is more than one way to skin a cat.... I'm trying to think how basic one is a European program ? or deep ? or hot ? or beach and so forth ? what makes them more for European hunting???? tone breaks ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2017 09:42PM by calabash digger.

Posted by: Strobing_NYC
Date: August 28, 2017 09:56PM
Now that's funny, a machine has no clue what country or state it's detecting in. It's up to the end users to set the machine and use the machine how he/she likes to run it. There is nothing about a program that is going to be country specific lol...

Date: August 29, 2017 11:23AM
Actually setup/program can absolutely be country specific.

Date: August 29, 2017 02:37PM
How ? There are only so many settings for the deus..... silencer,reactivity,freq,disc etc .. I call myself using the UK style but that has nothing to do with anything other than running a low disc . I wonder how many in the UK actually use Andys or Todds style?? I know Tony N made that comment about Andys and Todds programs for being for the U.S and mine be for all others. The difference in my programs and there is I choose to run a open machine disc -2.5 and full tones and they run a 5 tone setup up and disc 6.0 to 10 and thats it. That doesnt make them country specific the deus doesnt know whether its a confederate button or a german one. Tone breaks might be different for US coins.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2017 02:48PM by calabash digger.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login