Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Why do they say Deus is not good in modern trash?
Posted by: BarryL
Date: September 09, 2017 11:42AM
enderman
I don't mind sharing the program(s).

Is it the site or the machine? As mentioned I've hit this site with other machines, it's a night and day difference. A friend of mine was also beep and digging there for most of the summer with no luck, now he has a Deus and is hittin it.

Actually Calabash is running the machine right IMO. See, the Deus isn't nearly as complicated as it seems at first. These programs are more alike then different. Deus fast ilk.

Here is what I have on the puck right now.

11: Calabash relic.
12: Gary's sifter
13: Calabash relic hot
14: Gary's sifter hot.
15: 2.5 reactivity, Sens 86, TX 1, -1 silencer.
16: 2.5 reactivity, Sens 90, TX 2, -1 silencer
17: 2.5 reactivity, Sens 93, TX 3, -1 silencer
18: My "deep park" which is just like Calabash Relic but with -1 silencer.

I mostly use the sweet 16 program which you can consider "Deus moderately fast" as a general purpose setting. (~70% of the time)
When the trash gets dense I switch to Gary's sifter which is absolutely brilliant. (~30% of the time)

Last hunt I was playing with "sifter hot" to punch a little further between the aluminum in search of fainter high conductors.

I alternate between working deep in the clearer areas then dive into the trash, then back out to the clearer areas, mostly dictated by my mood and finds.

There are some other previously fruitful sites I would like to go back to, try and work some of the deeper "relic" settings more but I'm having too much fun right now, this site might only be here for a limited time.

I've been getting coins a jewellery and other sites too, just nothing notable yet, (8-10lbs of coins and junkers) but with patience they will produce.

Also my water and relic season is just kicking into high gear. Gary's sifter program is ridiculous close to the shoreline where the iron is thick. This spot is machine-gun nail zone, the predominate wind blows the ice on that shore which melts and drops nails and stuff from ice fishing etc. I'm talking 20-30 iron farts per swing, not exaggerating. (Granted some are probably shallow "double beeps" but you get the idea it's thick)
The problem with this site with a Minelab or a beep and dig with a small coil is that when the target moves it disappears in the iron with those machines.(Do to nulling.) With the Deus full tones I can chase the target making them easier to recover. See the conditions I look for are clay, which can be hard to scoop stuff from.

Thanks and I do like and respect Calabash, very informative and I can tell he is very well known and respected . watch all his vids over and over . I guess I will just play with the settings in my area and go from there . Also right now it is Version 3.2 but after this weekend I will be sending it in to get a facelift and upgraded to 4.0 . I am not a relic hunter persay . I hunt mainly lots where old houses were and such so they are trashy . Anyway thanks for the replies and help . I will either Like it or Hate it . by the way Calabash I watched a video with you and your friend Eric testing a program for deep silver nice video

Posted by: enderman
Date: September 09, 2017 11:48AM
Just to add to my previous post, the "beep and dig" machines null just like the big Minelabs, you just can't hear it.

2 main reasons why Deus nonferrous hunting is more productive then beep and dig.

-Beep and digs null (Or any machine running discrimination)
-Discrimination on Beep and Dig masks targets next to iron.

Add to this that Beep and Digs false a lot off the edge of moderately sized iron, which leads to users chasing a phantom target next to iron that would have been otherwise IDed correctly as iron with a full tone machine.

Minelab Excalibur does not have an iron tone when running full tones disc, only a null.

That being said a Minelab null is still better then a Beep and Dig because at least with the null you aware enough to slow down in iron and be disciplined, the null IS the iron tone. People think these Beep and Digs are soo fast and great but they aren't, ignorance is bliss they say.

So this Deus gizmo has no nulling, iron ID and deals with masking much better because of this. Add to the fact you can crank the reactivity to get tighter resolution on co-located targets things get real interesting.

Posted by: enderman
Date: September 09, 2017 12:01PM
BarryL
enderman
I don't mind sharing the program(s).

Is it the site or the machine? As mentioned I've hit this site with other machines, it's a night and day difference. A friend of mine was also beep and digging there for most of the summer with no luck, now he has a Deus and is hittin it.

Actually Calabash is running the machine right IMO. See, the Deus isn't nearly as complicated as it seems at first. These programs are more alike then different. Deus fast ilk.

Here is what I have on the puck right now.

11: Calabash relic.
12: Gary's sifter
13: Calabash relic hot
14: Gary's sifter hot.
15: 2.5 reactivity, Sens 86, TX 1, -1 silencer.
16: 2.5 reactivity, Sens 90, TX 2, -1 silencer
17: 2.5 reactivity, Sens 93, TX 3, -1 silencer
18: My "deep park" which is just like Calabash Relic but with -1 silencer.

I mostly use the sweet 16 program which you can consider "Deus moderately fast" as a general purpose setting. (~70% of the time)
When the trash gets dense I switch to Gary's sifter which is absolutely brilliant. (~30% of the time)

Last hunt I was playing with "sifter hot" to punch a little further between the aluminum in search of fainter high conductors.

I alternate between working deep in the clearer areas then dive into the trash, then back out to the clearer areas, mostly dictated by my mood and finds.

There are some other previously fruitful sites I would like to go back to, try and work some of the deeper "relic" settings more but I'm having too much fun right now, this site might only be here for a limited time.

I've been getting coins a jewellery and other sites too, just nothing notable yet, (8-10lbs of coins and junkers) but with patience they will produce.

Also my water and relic season is just kicking into high gear. Gary's sifter program is ridiculous close to the shoreline where the iron is thick. This spot is machine-gun nail zone, the predominate wind blows the ice on that shore which melts and drops nails and stuff from ice fishing etc. I'm talking 20-30 iron farts per swing, not exaggerating. (Granted some are probably shallow "double beeps" but you get the idea it's thick)
The problem with this site with a Minelab or a beep and dig with a small coil is that when the target moves it disappears in the iron with those machines.(Do to nulling.) With the Deus full tones I can chase the target making them easier to recover. See the conditions I look for are clay, which can be hard to scoop stuff from.

Thanks and I do like and respect Calabash, very informative and I can tell he is very well known and respected . watch all his vids over and over . I guess I will just play with the settings in my area and go from there . Also right now it is Version 3.2 but after this weekend I will be sending it in to get a facelift and upgraded to 4.0 . I am not a relic hunter persay . I hunt mainly lots where old houses were and such so they are trashy . Anyway thanks for the replies and help . I will either Like it or Hate it . by the way Calabash I watched a video with you and your friend Eric testing a program for deep silver nice video

No problem. I was typing my previous post when you posted yours, I've been doing that a lot in this thread so sorry for any confusion.

If you could only have one machine that was built like "Deus fast" that would not be such a terrible thing.

Essentially look at it this way, always run Deus fast with as low of reactivity possible, or that feels good. Use a higher reactivity when needed, to shrink targets in a shallow field of trash. That simple.

I have other great sites that are "Minelabed out" and also lack much in the way of shallow trash, so when I go there I know Ill have to push the reactivity lower.

Deus Fast or Deus Moderately Fast are good all round modes.

I've dug some pretty deep pennies with Deus Fast at old sites. They do sound different though, rather then a "round sound" of a shallower coin, it turns into more of a ying-ying tone when you X over it. (Possibly with a little iron bleed through overlayed if the ground is mineralized enough) Hard to describe but you'll know what I mean if you don't already.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2017 12:06PM by enderman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login