Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
XP 11" or 9 low freq.
Posted by: cookie58
Date: September 09, 2017 07:00PM
Is there any difference in depth between the 11 and 9" low frequency coils? I have just the 9" and like it a lot----weight and size. This is for relic hunting. I have noticed some problems with high grass. Another question----Does depth change the tone. I use the hot program and full tones. What about pitch for the tone?

Re: XP 11" or 9 low freq.
Posted by: enderman
Date: September 09, 2017 07:44PM
On the important targets the 11" is about 1 1/2" deeper on average. 12kHz being deepest on most things including silver coins.

11" is deeper on small silver too, which is nice to have gained depth instead of loosing sensitivity.

Depth does change the sounds from round, beep like hit to a drawn out tone, gentler tone.

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: September 09, 2017 08:20PM
I have a 11 and 9 and the 9 gets used 98% of the time unless im field hunting.

Posted by: cookie58
Date: September 09, 2017 08:36PM
Thanks for the information fellows. Hey Calabash Digger. Do you use your pitch program for relic hunting and how does it work with bad, red and clay type soil?

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: September 10, 2017 06:30AM
It's my understanding that the lower the kHz the better for silver and depth increases. Gold detectors run at higher kHz to hit better on gold.

Posted by: hairymonsterman
Date: September 10, 2017 08:25AM
Lower khz is ok on high conductor milled silver, for small thin hammered silver and reales etc 12+khz is better.

Tony N (Michigan)
It's my understanding that the lower the kHz the better for silver and depth increases. Gold detectors run at higher kHz to hit better on gold.

Date: September 10, 2017 02:42PM
How many hammered silvers have you found in the United States?

Date: September 10, 2017 04:31PM
Tony N (Michigan)

North America has 5 cent silver and deeper dimes on edge.

I literally just got home from a hunt where I found a deep silver dime and a thin 1.2 gram silver pendant in 12kHz. The pendant is 0.5mm thick. (20 thou) and has a smaller diameter then the dime.

Posted by: HuntinDog
Date: September 10, 2017 04:58PM
I've only found one and it was a BIG surprise!
Don't find many on the west coast.

No. Cal. Gold Country
XP DEUS / 9"-11"-11X13" coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
6000 Di Pro SL
MXT Pro / 300, 10D2, 950, 6X9 Eclipse, 4X6 Shooter
DX-1 and Sun Ray Pro Golds

Keep your head down, your swing smooth and Coil to the soil

Date: September 11, 2017 01:54AM
Tony N (Michigan)

You can find them, i think you class them as colonial sites, quite often i see folk post big old coppers and the thin silver spanish reales, there's late 1600's uk hammered coins that are possible as well.

Date: September 11, 2017 01:56AM
HuntinDog

Defo looks like a hammered, what diameter is it, it looks like a long cross on the back.

enderman, thanks. I'm impressed :cheers:
Date: September 11, 2017 10:43AM
I usually hunt in 8kHz. Maybe I should up the kHz for on edge coins. I wonder if I'd lose much depth going 12 as opposed to 8. Probably not much.

Posted by: HuntinDog
Date: September 11, 2017 10:48AM
hairymonsterman
HuntinDog

Defo looks like a hammered, what diameter is it, it looks like a long cross on the back.

Hairy,
It's about the size of a US dime and thin as hell.
the back has the shield with castles and lions but it's tough to see.
I haven't found an example of the cross yet to attribute it to.
It is a cool find that I never would have thought I would have found.

No. Cal. Gold Country
XP DEUS / 9"-11"-11X13" coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
6000 Di Pro SL
MXT Pro / 300, 10D2, 950, 6X9 Eclipse, 4X6 Shooter
DX-1 and Sun Ray Pro Golds

Keep your head down, your swing smooth and Coil to the soil

Re: enderman, thanks. I'm impressed :cheers:
Date: September 11, 2017 06:13PM
Tony N (Michigan)
I usually hunt in 8kHz. Maybe I should up the kHz for on edge coins. I wonder if I'd lose much depth going 12 as opposed to 8. Probably not much.

Depth on what?

12kHz is deeper on most coins then 8,4 or 18 kHz.

Perhaps 8kHz is deeper on 1 ounce copper but for the "regular" size coins 12kHz is the deeper freq by a considerable amount, assuming average "regular" mild dirt.

There might be certain situations where 8kHz hits lower due to bad mineralization or whatever, but that is the exception to the rule and a special situation.

18kHz is good for on edge coins, (But is shallower),I usually use 12 first then come back in 18 to eek out some extra coins and whatnot.

It appears that size factors into the frequency used as much as conductivity ultimately.

Re: enderman, thanks. I'm impressed :cheers:
Date: September 11, 2017 08:17PM
enderman
Tony N (Michigan)

Depth on what?

12kHz is deeper on most coins then 8,4 or 18 kHz.

Perhaps 8kHz is deeper on 1 ounce copper but for the "regular" size coins 12kHz is the deeper freq by a considerable amount, assuming average "regular" mild dirt.

There might be certain situations where 8kHz hits lower due to bad mineralization or whatever, but that is the exception to the rule and a special situation.

18kHz is good for on edge coins, (But is shallower),I usually use 12 first then come back in 18 to eek out some extra coins and whatnot.

It appears that size factors into the frequency used as much as conductivity ultimately.

Depth on coins like silver dimes and quarters.
It's my understanding that the higher frequency a detector uses the less depth one gets.
Some gold nugget detectors use very high frequencies but there is a loss in depth.
The lower the frequency, the harder the hit on high conductors like silver coins. But I could be right about this. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login