Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Best Metal Detector for Finding Gold Jewely Answered
Posted by: Mkus
Date: September 14, 2017 02:18PM
So does the 9" high frequency coil work better on saltwater beaches than the stock 9"?

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: September 14, 2017 03:15PM
Mkus
So does the 9" high frequency coil work better on saltwater beaches than the stock 9"?
I have yet to take my Deus to a saltwater beach. So, I don't know. Wish I could help.

Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: September 14, 2017 03:27PM
HF coils are supposed to work better in mineralized soil, so in theory on some beaches with mineralized black sand they should work better than the LF coil. I searched high and low but never found a definitive answer to how well or not well the Deus works on salt water beaches. I watched some Deus videos which showed it being noisy but have no idea how they had the machine setup.

Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: September 14, 2017 03:57PM
My wife is on her way back from the NJ shore where she did some testing of all of the Deus coils and yes, the HF coils handle the black sand / salt water notably better.

Will be putting some test results together soon and we found settings are key and in many cases not what you would expect to get optimal performance from

Andy

Andy & Charlene Sabisch
Treasure Hunting Outfitters
http://www.TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com

Findmall Sponsor

Carrying XP, Minelab, Garrett, Fisher, Teknetics, DetectorPro, Whites, Nokta and Makro detectors as well as detecting / prospecting accessories

"Service and support before and more importantly, after the sale"

Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: September 14, 2017 04:12PM
Andy Sabisch
My wife is on her way back from the NJ shore where she did some testing of all of the Deus coils and yes, the HF coils handle the black sand / salt water notably better.

Will be putting some test results together soon and we found settings are key and in many cases not what you would expect to get optimal performance from

Andy

Awesome!! I hunted NJ beaches for years, really looking forward to this info. I hear NJ is adding 1000 feet of pumped in beach replenishment sand all along the shore which blows, bummer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2017 04:13PM by Charles (Upstate NY).

Date: September 14, 2017 05:40PM
Charles (Upstate NY)
HF coils are supposed to work better in mineralized soil, so in theory on some beaches with mineralized black sand they should work better than the LF coil. I searched high and low but never found a definitive answer to how well or not well the Deus works on salt water beaches. I watched some Deus videos which showed it being noisy but have no idea how they had the machine setup.
We have a ton of black sand after storms the coins can be found laying right on top in the layer of red sand it's crazy!
Walking down a beach by my house that's very old my brother and I were literally picking up coins oldest one I found
That day on top was a 1923 merc! Another guy I know found a buffalo.
My Etrac is fantastic on the beach which I use exclusively on them tried the deus was not to happy using it

Date: September 14, 2017 05:46PM
Andy Sabisch

Andy
Great would love to know which HF coil works best on saltwater beaches as I live right near them and in the off season hunt them a lot!
Thanks Andy

Posted by: Southwind
Date: September 15, 2017 11:17AM

What would be your choice in such a scenario?

None of the above. I hunt my gold in the dirt of schools, parks and playgrounds. I'm also no beep-N-dig hunter. Give me a good old DFX to hunt gold in my environment.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: September 17, 2017 07:29AM
squirrel1
Tony N (Michigan)
squirrel1
Would depend on the site hunting for jewelry.

Sites with a lot of tin,,Deus not a good choice.

My experiences.
What would be your choice in such a scenario?

Nokta Impact

Will the Nokta Impact hit good on a 10 inch deep copper such as wheat back or Indian Head in iron?

Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: September 17, 2017 08:34AM
I don't know anything about a Nokta but found small 14kt gold ring and an 1898 IH at about this depth with the XP last week.

Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: September 17, 2017 12:08PM
When you ask a question like this, what about factors such as ground mineralization, moisture content, trash content and operator skill . . . . all of which can skew the responses.

As far as a 10" deep penny in iron, that is a tall order for any detector and depending on the orientation of the iron and proximity to the penny, it might just be an impossible task..

Andy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login