Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
So if I had the deus and 3 different coils
Posted by: skateteacher
Date: October 09, 2017 10:53PM
Would I have the equivalent of 3 different detectors? I remember seeing an Andy Sabisch video/comment in the past couple of weeks or so referencing this point so i thought I'd ask all of you. I have the 11 LF and if I got the 9" round HF and the 9.5 elliptical HF would that be like having 3 machines capable of most dirt and dry sand hunting conditions? I have my Excal for salt water as well as for fresh and a Dual Field as well for those certain salt water hunts so waterproof is not an issue. My thought has been to add the Equinox when it came out to go along with the deus but would it make more sense to add the coils and essentially have the best of all worlds detector wise? I'd love to hear your thoughts and I don't mind if they're biased towards the deus.
TIA
skate

Re: So if I had the deus and 3 different coils
Posted by: sprchng
Date: October 10, 2017 04:45AM
You would have a Deus with three different coils.
The Nox is an unknown , how can you make a comparison?
It may make the Deus obsolete and anachronistic.

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: October 10, 2017 06:33AM
it would be like having 5 detectors. It time you change freq you basically have another detector. BTW the equinox might not obsolete the deus either we will all have to wait. If one would think about it ALL companies are playing catch up to the deus in the wireless lightweight department yes even minelab is too. Deus has had this platform for 5 years , what do you think their next machine will be like?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 06:36AM by calabash digger.

Posted by: skateteacher
Date: October 10, 2017 07:35AM
sprchng
You would have a Deus with three different coils.
The Nox is an unknown , how can you make a comparison?
It may make the Deus obsolete and anachronistic.

Right and I'm aware of this. It's just a hypothetical question is all. I'm not worried about any machine making any other machine obsolete though. We have seen time and again that a claim of how great something is lies in the detectorist, not the detector.

My point is simply the deus good enough that instead of having a stable of 5 different machines or so, a deus with 3 coils (including the HF's) be the equivalent? At some point we all have to stop searching (and spending) on the next great thing and truly learn to master the one we've got.

Posted by: Southwind
Date: October 10, 2017 08:06AM

I'm not worried about any machine making any other machine obsolete though.

There are people who still swear by analog detectors. I think the only real "obsolete" detector I've seen is the BFO and I wouldn't be surprised to see some still swearing by them LOL.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Posted by: sprchng
Date: October 10, 2017 08:19AM
calabash digger
it would be like having 5 detectors. It time you change freq you basically have another detector. BTW the equinox might not obsolete the deus either we will all have to wait. If one would think about it ALL companies are playing catch up to the deus in the wireless lightweight department yes even minelab is too. Deus has had this platform for 5 years , what do you think their next machine will be like?

This is just delusional homey talk , but for some , bias is bliss.

I think it depends on the type of hunting you do the most and I have yet to see anyone display where the HF coils improve the Deus in modern trash , in fact they appear to be a hindrance with their tendency to cram all high conductors together and show no great affinity for separating gold from aluminum , so they are a bust for the modern park hunter. If you're a corn field beep and dig detectorist they are great with their separation and light weight but the whole world of detecting does not revolve around digging every high tone chirp you swing a coil over.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 08:21AM by sprchng.

Posted by: enderman
Date: October 10, 2017 08:33AM
I tend to agree with Sprcng, I'm still waiting to see the merit of the HF coils. IMO the HF Freqs are too high for anyone but a prospector, but again I'm open minded that they might do some specialty trick.

Deus will be better then the Nox for me because it has better tones and is truly wireless. (Minelabs can't talk like the Deus can, they have elevator tones.)
If you do want multiple machines, the Deus is literally like that if you got a spare coil or headphones.

Minelab can pound sand. They had me as a customer, I had three of them, but they stagnated and were overpriced. They were nice machines, but how long are they going to drag that Etrac out with the 8 AA batteries.

The Nox will probably compete well against the Deus, but I'm not going to abandon XP now just because Minelab finally started to play catch up with their copy-cat machine.

Re: So if I had the deus and 3 different coilsN/T
Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: October 10, 2017 10:11AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: October 10, 2017 11:59AM
calabash digger
what do you think their next machine will be like?

BFO?

Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: October 10, 2017 12:56PM
I'm hoping the Equinox will replace my Excalibur, the Excalibur is not that deep, has no target ID and weighs like what 7-8 pounds ridiculous. That will give me the Equinox for get wet hunting, the Explorer Se Pro for wet sand hunting, and XP Deus with HF coil for small gold hunting. The Se Pro stomps the Excalibur on depth and smaller targets, but even it can't hit small gold. I have tested the Deus 9 inch round HF coil on VERY small gold, it hits nicely. Why hunt very small gold? Because a big ass honker diamond may be attached, or the lobster claw clasp of a long good weight gold chain. Diamond solitaire wedding rings that orient stone down like a coin on edge.

Multiple machines for various types of hunting, yes I also own more than one drill bit for my drill.

Posted by: flysar
Date: October 10, 2017 03:00PM
The Deus with 9" LF coil struggles in my soil (ID & Depth) very similar to other single freq units I've used. I can't bring myself to sell it because its so light and easy to throw in a pack. It's a dream to swing all day, without a harness, and has better separation than my CTX.
If I knew a HF coil would get me similar depth to my CTX I'd love to own the Elliptical but I don't think that's possible and my 56kHz Makro Racer Gold is what I grab when looking for small gold jewelry; might replace that unit except I use the 4x6 coil for tight spots and even better separation.
I would love to own one machine as light as the Deus but unfortunately that doesn't fit my soil nor hunting style.
Good luck with your decision & happy hunting.

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: October 10, 2017 04:05PM
You guys will have to drawn your own conclusions about the parks and hf coils but in the relic department it has advantages , the first and foremost for me is stability.... I will have a equinox when they come out and I'm interested in it to see what it can do.
sprchng
calabash digger

I think it depends on the type of hunting you do the most and I have yet to see anyone display where the HF coils improve the Deus in modern trash , in fact they appear to be a hindrance with their tendency to cram all high conductors together and show no great affinity for separating gold from aluminum , so they are a bust for the modern park hunter. If you're a corn field beep and dig detectorist they are great with their separation and light weight but the whole world of detecting does not revolve around digging every high tone chirp you swing a coil over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 04:07PM by calabash digger.

Posted by: Architex
Date: October 10, 2017 05:26PM
Beat Frequency Oscillator.

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Posted by: Bell-Two
Date: October 12, 2017 07:43AM
sprchng
calabash digger

This is why I have a Deus and CTX I will use CTX for parks and standing homes and use Deus in field even though the CTX is an excellent choice for field use as well. The recovery in iron is better with Deus and target ID is better with CTX I sort of equate it to a golfer who will chose a driver off the tee but use a pitching wedge around the green, both great tools but have different capabilities they compliment each other very well.

Psalms 24:1 The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2017 07:46AM by Bell-Two.

Posted by: Architex
Date: October 12, 2017 12:27PM
Well said. I have both and I agree completely.

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login